Can't find API Credentials for Live Account under NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)

Nareiki
Contributor
Contributor

I have access to the sandbox API credentials and have tested them and its working fine but on paypal.com, there is no option to "Request API Credentials" under NVP/SOAP API. it only says "Manage API Credentials" and on click it says "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you".

I have been contacting Paypal but have not got any satisfactory response.

Please resolve my issue as PayPal is the only payment gateway my woocommerce store is depending on and due to this issue our store we are unable to take payments through Payment Gateway.

Thanks in Advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Jennifer

Here are the steps to obtaining your API Credentials:

1. Log into your live PayPal.com Account
  2. Click on Profile at the Top Right hand side of the Menu Bar
  3. Click on Profile & Settings
  4. Click on My Selling Tools
  5. Click on update next to API Access
  6. Scroll down to NVP/SOAP API Integration
  7. Click on Manage API Credentials
  8. If you have never created an application a Security Check may be required
  9. You can create the API Signature or View the API Credentials after the Security Check

Please note you will need to ensure that the phone number in the PayPal Account is the same Phone number that is either registered to your Business or your name. When a Security Check is completed a Text will be sent to a Mobile Device (If added and Confirmed on Account) or a Phone call is placed.

If the Text Message is not received or the Phone Call is never sent then the ability to view the API Credentials will not be available. The Security Check is often required on new accounts or unverified PayPal Accounts.

Here is information on Confirming your Mobile Number.

Here is information on verifying your PayPal Account.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

Nareiki
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Jennifer,

After i Click on NVP/SOAP API Integration --> Manage API Credentials

I just get the Message on Screen "Sorry, we couldn't verify it's you"

So what you have mentioned in the steps 8 & 9 is not shown in my account

😎 If you have never created an application a Security Check may be required --> There is no security check. It only shows "Sorry, we couldn't verify it's you"

9) You can create the API Signature or View the API Credentials after the Security Check --> Never been to this point as i'm stuck on point no.8

Also the Phone No. which i have mentioned in the PayPal account is registered under my name.

Please guide me further on what course of action should i take to resolve this issue.

Thanks for the Response,

Regards,

Rahul

Login to Me Too

xanderstyle
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I have other problem with NVP/SOAP API page. It is blank, I tried it on my 4 Apple devices, on 4 different borwsers, always cleared cache, etc. etc. and it gives only blank page. Paypal Buttons page is blank. Many fiunctions are not working. I contacted support 1000 times. Nothing. Paypal is not working seemingly on any Apple device.

See this problem in action

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s2member/My%20Mac%20backup/HangDala%20Youtube/HangDala%20Youtube/Paypal%20S...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.