Buyer imput options when purchasing.

DogStampsPlus
Contributor
Contributor

Ability for buyer to input to select an option for items like size, color or other specifics with in the PayPal button to purchase an product.

i.e. Color Selection, Sizes (Sm, Med, Large, extra large, etc.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Andre

Hi DogStampsPlus, you need to do this outside the PayPal checkout, before reaching the checkout with the NVP ExpressCheckout.

You can set a selection dropdown on your website and once all the necessary details (color, size etc..) are selected by the buyer then you can send them to the checkout page with an API call which includes all the selected options.

Login to Me Too

DogStampsPlus
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not a programmer and working with MS-Frontpage.  Not a lot of options to learn a language or new software package.  Not sure how to approach this problem.  The only way I got around this was to create a listing with individual PayPal buttons.  For tee shirts each size had a separate listing (i.e. Small, Med, Large, XL and 2XL.)  As for Frontpage, it was just copy and paste the "Add to Cart" code in each listing. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, if you are using the html buttons then you can definitely set different options with prices, my first reply was about ExpressCheckout but I see you are using the html standard buttons instead.

In such case log-in into your PayPal account and click the button dashboard.

Then choose the Buy Now button and immediately after the item name enable the "add drop down menu" under "Customize button". You can set different option names and prices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.