Alternative to billing agreements that aren't deprecated?

chris13524
Contributor
Contributor

We are a online donation SaaS provider for non-profits. Non-profits are able to integrate their accounts into our platform to enable their donors to donate via their PayPal accounts. Donors can also save their PayPal account to use it at any point later (for recurring gifts or just for convenience). This structure requires us to have a way for users to save their PayPal accounts to our system and allow us to bill arbitrary amounts to their accounts at any point (similar to tokenizing a credit card).

We are currently able to accomplish this with billing agreements provided by the NVP API. However, as this API is deprecated our customers must manually phone PayPal to enable "reference transactions" to enable support for saving PayPal acounts.

Is there a way for us to accomplish a similar task with the new APIs?

I was doing research on alternatives a while back and came across a new type of billing agreements that may have worked, but it looks this was also deprecated recently in favor of subscriptions which as far as I can tell, can't do what I need them to do (tokenizing an account and billing it whenever I want).

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.