Accepting international payments

PeterHN
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community,

Our business having been expanded we have opened a webshop abroad.

We would like to accept payments in different currencies from different countries.

The API we created however can only be used in GBP currency. If I use the same API on a website where GBP is not the default currency it is throwing error messages that currency not supported 😞

The different currencies set in our account and by default we do not want conversions so just receive funds in given currencies.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Peter

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

How do Peter. 

Are you seeing this error on PayPal's website or your website? Also can you send me over any links where I can see the behaviour. 

I suspect the issue might be related to not having specific currencies on your account, you can try adding these in, see below for help:

- Login to PayPal.com

- Click "Profile and Settings"

- Click "My Money"

- on the right beside "PayPal Balance" click "Currencies"

- Click "Add Currency"

Login to Me Too

PeterHN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi CIaran,

To resolve the trouble we opened another PayPal account with the different currency being the default. Requested an API there which works perfectly with the site where the same currency is being used only. For this reason unfortunately I cannot just test the shop right now. Perhaps when it is less busy I test it again to see if I can take some screenshots.

The PayPal account in subject; the one we would like to use to receive funds in different currencies from different webshops does have the currencies added as per your suggestion. For some reason however as GBP is the default, it seems that the API is set to only receive GBP funds.

Without remembering exactly what error message our website has thrown when tried using, it was along the line of "PayPal account unable to receive funds in the default currency" - this is set to HUF on the webshop. HUF is present on the PayPal account so I do not quite get it why it would not work unfortunately.

Any further suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Can you send me over instructions on how I can test this. I would need to pull the HTML code from the error page to see whats happening. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.