API Signature showing wrong business name!

YFUK
Contributor
Contributor

Have been trying to get this sorted for the last few days but no one seems to have an answer and it is holding up launch of my new website.

A couple of years ago I changed business name and updated my Paypal account. All has been fine up until now. I need to generate API credentials for my e-commerce site but this is proving to be problematic.

I removed the old API credentials and requested new ones but these always show my original business name. I am not sure if that is a problem or not because Paypal never answer when I ask. 

What to do? There is nothing I can see in my PayPal account that shows my old business name so why is the API being generated with that name?

I cannot launch until this is sorted out and I really need to crack on. I would prefer to use PayPal but if I can't get this sorted I will have to go with another merchant services provider.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kelfro
New Community Member

Did you ever figure this out?  I, too, can't see how to change the api business name. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

YFUK
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I didn't. I was told by someone, not PayPal, that the name you originally sign up with is the one you are stuck with, at least as far as the API thing goes. I did read a similar question somewhere else and PayPal said it didn't matter but it does! Because when a customer orders from you, that name is what will appear on the order and their statement. 

I think the bottom line here is either create a brand new PayPal account under the business name that you want to appear there, which is what I did or move to a different payment platform? 

Login to Me Too

kelfro
New Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply! I was afraid of that. I guess that is what I will have to do since seeing receipts coming from an "unknown" company is very confusing to our customers. I truly appreciate the help 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.