new email and phone number

cerebus2004
Contributor
Contributor

got rid of my webtv and my home phone.  trying to get my webtv address changed to yahoo email address and my home number changed to my cell phone (all i have now).

to change anything they want to call my home number first!  which no longer exists.  even to get rid of my home number on here, it sends me to a page where they must call my home number first.  makes no sense. 

what do i do?

shane

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cerebus2004
Contributor
Contributor

geez.

any answers.

you change your phone number and your email address and you're just **bleep**?

shane

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi cerebus2004-

You can't have a PayPal account without an email address, so I'm not sure why your Profile tab wouldn't allow you to add the new one, make it the primary email address and then delete the old one.  The system shouldn't permit an account without it having an email address, as that would leave you without a way to log in.

You can have multiple email addresses on a PayPal account at the same time.  If you're getting the prompt to be called even if you're following these steps, I'd suggest reaching out by phone or email via the Contact Us link to see if we can discuss the specifics of your issue in a secure environment.

Thanks for visiting the Community Help Forum!

PayPal Jason

Login to Me Too

Vandyinc
New Community Member

I ran into this earlier and tha is how I found your post.  I added my Cell and was unable to Delete my home number.

I just went back into my profile and edited my home number to my cell Number.  System took it.

Login to Me Too

wurzlow1
New Community Member

how is it that I cannot simply change my email address?  you can send all the emails to my old address and I will not get them as it has been turned off. llw

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey everybody!

Here's the situation.  When you're changing important info like your phone and email, our system will sometimes try and make sure it's you that is doing it.  The way it does this is by confirming via the information that we know is accurate....which at that point may be obsolete 😞

Easiest solution is to just call PayPal. We (in most cases) can verify your identity over the phone; we can't update these bits of information for you, but we can fix it so you can.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.