micropayments????

musicman929
New Community Member

I need to set up micropayments, but Paypal has made it impossible to do so.  They say to do it in "Checkout Settings" but there is no option to do it there.  Is this paypal's way of skimming more money off the top of it's millions of users?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello musicman929,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy. 

Micropayments pricing offers special low rates to merchants who typically receive payments for under $10 USD. (You must have a PayPal Business or Premier account to qualify for micropayments pricing.)

Our micropayment rate is 5% + $0.05 USD per transaction. Here’s how to sign up for micropayments pricing: Go to https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/, Click “Signup” near the top of the page, Select your country or region and click “Login here,” and Enter your PayPal account password and click “Log in.”

Please Allow 2 business days for micropayments pricing to take effect.

Micropayment pricing applies to all transactions regardless of the transaction amount. For example, with micropayments pricing, it would cost $0.25 to receive a $4.00 payment and it would cost $1.05 to receive a $20 payment.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

neesah
New Community Member

i have gone to the micropayments signup page different days and click as you say (put US in the upper right hand corner and click on 'signup' but nothing happens. help!!!

Login to Me Too

jpspaindog
New Community Member

I have had the same problem, I click sign-up and nothing happens.  This has gone on for 2 days, can anyone explain/offer help!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jpspaindog and neesah,

I am sorry to hear that when you click the sign-up link on the Micropayments page it is not taking you anywhere. When you click the link it should take you to another page to log into your PayPal account. Once you log into your PayPal account the request will be sent to PayPal to complete.

What I would suggest is to first start by clearing your cache and cookies within your Internet browser and maybe even restart your computer. Of course if this does not help the problem please send us an email letting us know that you have tried to apply directly from the website and we can get it set up for you. I am sorry for the troubles.

To contact PayPal directly - log into your PayPal account, click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen and send us an email.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

jujudivine
Contributor
Contributor

I am still having problems with this.  Has anyone else who had problems previously able to solve their issue?  It still keeps me on the main page.  I've tried multiple web browsers (Chrome and Safari).  Any advice?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.