employees access

nightowl2
New Community Member

currently, after a customer paid with PayPal, we have our employee log in to PayPal with limited access to view and doble check if the transaction was in fact cleared. The limited access will hide the account balance, view transaction only. But because we also have a debit card associate to the account, employee who log in to the account can also see all transactions on the debit card, they can also see any money that was withdraw in the account (no setting to hide those).  This is very bad! Is there any way we can go around that? Can we have a programmer write something so the PayPal transaction information can be directly imported into our order? What is the best way so the employee can only view that order related information and not everything else? Please advise. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Nightowl2,

if you have a business account you could set up an alias for your employee and choose what permissions you want to give them,

i'll copy and paste the templated reply below and let me know if you have any other queries in relation to this:

A feature of our Business accounts called ‘Manage Users' lets multiple users, such as employees, access your PayPal Business account. This allows you to give your employees permission to access specific areas of your account to perform tasks and use features such as the following:

• Send Money
• Request Money
• Add Funds
• Refunds
• Withdraw Funds
• Cancel Payments
• View Balance
• View Profile
• Edit Profile
• Scheduled Downloadable Log and Settlement File
• Discuss Account with Customer Service
• Authorisation & Settlement
• Virtual Terminal
• PayPal Shipping
• Recurring Payments

To add additional users and to manage their permissions, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click ‘Manage Users’ in the ‘Account Information’ column.
4. Click ‘Add User’.
5. Enter the user's name, a user ID (alias), and a password. The user will use this ID and password to log in to your PayPal account.
6. Check the box for each of the privileges you're allowing this user.
7. Click ‘Save’.

A maximum of 200 separate users may be created for an account.

Note: The ‘Manage Users' feature is only available for Business accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.