Using Multiple Email Addresses

krislynch
Contributor
Contributor

I have two email addresses set up on PayPal. Both are confirmed, one is set to primary.

I have my personal and business email addresses here and want to use my business address as my 'payable' address for business-related items, but don't kwow if I need to change that to be my primary address in order for this to work.

So what I need to know is:

1. If I change the primary address, does that become my login address?

2. Can I receive payments via either address, regardless of which one is primary?

3. Why do people generally have more than one address set up here anyway?

Thank you for the clarification.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

leo24610
Contributor
Contributor

You explained my problem to a T.  And you said paypal is working on it???????  I too will be leaving paypal my recommendations.

Login to Me Too

leo24610
Contributor
Contributor

About having 2 email addresses and only one that you want to use.  Go to profile and delete the e-mail address you are not using and perhaps they will go to your primary e-mail address.  DO NOT DO THIS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK.  I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A EASY SOLUTION BUT PAYPAL THEN STOPPED MY FLOW OF MONEY IN UNTIL I WOULD BECOME A MEMBER SO I JUST ADDED THE OLD EMAIL AGAIN AND I THEN RECEIVED THE MONEY,  GOT ME SCARED FOR A MINUTE.

Login to Me Too

Keith4
Contributor
Contributor

in my situation it seems my paypal email address has been targeted by scammers.  I want them off my paypal account and off my email, so changing email addresses might do the trick.  unfortunately their scheme doesn't fit neatly into the categories that paypal uses, so I am just trying to protect myself.

Login to Me Too

petiteviehk
New Community Member

I am new to Ebay. They locked my account RIGHT AFTER my first listing without reason as it is "according to Privacy" Isnt that MY privacy?

At the same time, I'm also new to using paypal.

I was checking, my item is just NORMAL stuff, btw, is there an "infringement of Intelligent Property" if I'm selling something that has authorized dealer? But the problem is I'm just selling it from my closet, not in commercial way.

Anyway, I also checked if it is the problem of my paypal. But situation is, my paypal is still functioning, I'm paying my FB ad with it.

So to resolve, is anyone aware that if I add another email to my paypal account, directed to the same bank account, will Ebay be aware of my identity and still block me? I just want to make sure before I waste a lot of time creating, and validating my account.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.