UPGRADING TO BUSINESS ACCOUNT

DJF
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS SAYING NEW IRS RULES WILL REQUIRE CERTAIN MEMBERS TO UPGRADE TO BUSINESS ACCOUNTS.  I CANNOT GET THE SITE TO ACCEPT MY UPGRADE.  I DID FIND A NOTE THAT SAYS IF ONE HAS A PREMIER ACCOUNT THEY CANNOT UPGRADE(?)  WHAT GIVES?   WILL I HAVE TO UPGRADE OR NOT?

DAN

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DJF,

By any chance are you selling through Etsy?  If that's the case, the payments should continue to come through without upgrading.  Smiley Happy 

Let us know,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

DJF
Contributor
Contributor

WHAT IS "Elsy".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Based on  your response, I'd say you're not selling on Etsy.  Smiley Happy

Etsy is an online trading platform where sellers have the option to use PayPal to accept their payments.

As for the issue with upgrading to the Business account, you can upgrade from Premier to Business.  If you're encountering error messages trying to upgrade, we are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it as soon as possible.  I'm sorry you weren't able to upgrade just yet - we want to help you meet any necessary requirements.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

ricknarwhal
New Community Member

I use Etsy and I have gotten the same message, that i need to upgrade. But I can't even find where to upgrade a premium to a business account. Every time I follow a path that seems promising it dead ends or just starts over, or is completely blank. this seems to be a problem for many users.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ricknarwhal!

Welcome to the boards!  I'm sorry you're having issues upgrading.  The good news is that at this time you are not required to upgrade to accept your payments from Etsy - they'll come through just fine.  So if you're not really desiring to upgrade, you certainly don't have to.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.