Strange phone numbers in my Profile

Cindy731
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to contact PayPal by phone to ask some questions about my account. I had reported my card missing or stolen. Going through all the menu selections and recorded messages (I was never connected to a live person), at one point it said that the phone number on my account didn't match the phone number I had entered. I got online to look at my profile. There were 2 phone numbers besides my own which I deleted. How did those numbers get there? There were no fraudulent transactions on my account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Cindy731
Contributor
Contributor

OK. I just got off the phone with a security rep at PayPal. The rep didn't know how it had occurred. He did mention that someone else had called and complained about the same thing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too

banshee1013
Contributor
Contributor

There's a phone number in my Profile that I think might be from an old place of employment, but I'm not sure and I've deleted that old address so not sure why that number is still there... thankfully, there are two other numbers displayed that *are* correct so hopefully won't have a problem if I should have to call for assistance.

Login to Me Too

harold149
New Community Member

can not sign in becouse of my phone number this is the right phone number what can do about the problem so i can sign in my acount

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.