Previously confirmed addresses now showing as unconfirmed

PayPal_Wayne

Hello all,

There have been quite a few topics on this issue recently so hopefully I can clear up any questions you may have on it.

Over the last week or two we have noticed an issue on customers accounts in which their previously confirmed address is now showing as unconfirmed. This is an issue we are aware of and have our engineers working to fix as soon as possible. As you can imagine, the PayPal system is very complex so we do not have a timeframe for this.

In the mean time I am sure some of you are worried about Seller Protection and how this issue impacts your coverage. In the past there was a need for a Seller to ship to a confirmed address in the Transaction Details to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. This is now no longer needed. Shipping to a confirmed address is no longer a requirement under our Seller Protection Policy, you can post to buyer addresses in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and be covered.

For more information on our Seller Protection Policy you can click here

Wayne

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

Charles1950
New Community Member

Yes, I also have problem of address showing as 'unconfirmed'.

Login to Me Too

StevenRN0512
New Community Member

bryant7up
Contributor
Contributor

i want to confirmed my address that address that is showing in my account is right soo i just want to confirmed it. it's cuz i havent received the things that i ordered

Login to Me Too

jmisher
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm another one who has been a member of PayPal for 10 years with a confirmed address.  NOW,  all of a sudden I'm no longer confirmed.  You would think with all of PayPal's money they make on us, the problem would of been addressed ASAP.........That's PayPal, take your money and forget about you.

Good Luck All

Login to Me Too

java2hot
New Community Member

I guess that since my question was how to confirm my address, and why does it show up as confirmed on my account and unconfirmed on my receipts, that there is no answer to this question.  Great.  I just has a seller refund the purchase because he would not ship an order to an unconfirmed address.  This is not the kind of service that I associate with paypal.  Aren't you here to help facilitate the transaction?

Login to Me Too

branboyce
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain. PayPal has a lot of issues to resolve, beside the unconfirmed issue, that may be beyond their ability to resolve. I don't have much confidence in PayPal to protect anybody but themselves.

Login to Me Too

fungrlly

If you have removed a previous confirmed credit card then your address will no longer be confirmed.  To confirm your address you will need to link and confirm your credit card and that should rectify your issue.

Login to Me Too

stellaannfred
Contributor
Contributor

Never removed a previous confirmed cc.  That's just the problem.  Nothing has changed except the word Confirmed to Unconfirmed.

Login to Me Too

ajmiarka
New Community Member

Having this problem also.   It has been a few months that this has been going on.    It really affects my buying power with PayPal because sellers do not want to ship to an unconfirmed address.

What is the ETA for this fix?    Giving no date is unacceptable as we gladly pay you with every transaction here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.