Previously confirmed addresses now showing as unconfirmed

PayPal_Wayne

Hello all,

There have been quite a few topics on this issue recently so hopefully I can clear up any questions you may have on it.

Over the last week or two we have noticed an issue on customers accounts in which their previously confirmed address is now showing as unconfirmed. This is an issue we are aware of and have our engineers working to fix as soon as possible. As you can imagine, the PayPal system is very complex so we do not have a timeframe for this.

In the mean time I am sure some of you are worried about Seller Protection and how this issue impacts your coverage. In the past there was a need for a Seller to ship to a confirmed address in the Transaction Details to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. This is now no longer needed. Shipping to a confirmed address is no longer a requirement under our Seller Protection Policy, you can post to buyer addresses in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and be covered.

For more information on our Seller Protection Policy you can click here

Wayne

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

Wizer
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I have had the same address for 18 years and have had this Paypal account for over 10 years and now my address is unconfirmed, what is up with that?  What happens if I make a eBay purchase and the seller will only ship to a confirmed address? 

Login to Me Too

unconfirmed
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I have had the same address for 28 years and have had this Paypal account for over 2 years and now my address is unconfirmed, what is up with that?  I just made two purchases within minutes of each other. One confirmed my address, the other couldn't confirm my address. Payment has already been sent. This is the first glitch I've had with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

CasualBuyer
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I'm getting a little bit nervous here, too. 

My second transaction so far with my new unconfirmed status, although I am confirmed in the EMAILED reciept, just not in the archived history. Btw, ALL the transactions in my history have me as unconfirmed now.  Profile still has me as confirmed. 

The thing is, the protection & selling eligibility is irrelevant here because a lot of sellers simply won't sell to an unconfirmed address.    Some businesses outside Ebay even BLOCK unconfirmed addresses.  Right now I've been waiting for a seller to give me a shipping notice after like 5 days already & I'm worried that they're having second thoughts because of how I might appear to them.  (I still have no clue if I'm confirmed/unconfirmed to an observer.) They haven't refunded the payment yet so that's a good sign, maybe....

It might be a good idea to make an announcement of this glitch on Ebay, please?  Or just speed up the fix if you could.

Login to Me Too

tiredofglitches
New Community Member

I see by searching this topic that this problem has been going on since June 2010... it's now December.  I'm having the same problem.  I've been at my current address for many many years, and have had the same PP acct for about 6 years.  My address shows as confirmed in my profile/settings, but as unconfirmed on all purchase history.  I don't know how it's showing to sellers, and am concerned, like many others here, that sellers may cancel my purchase due to my "unconfirmed" address status.  It's been 6 months......when will this problem be fixed?

Login to Me Too

mackie
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if this will help, but here it goes, send your seller an email explaining the issue and add a link in the email to this subject / thread, the more sellers know about this issue the better off, we as buyers, and/or sellers, will be. I also seem to be having this problem too.

Login to Me Too

flyinghigh
Contributor
Contributor

I do not understand why for so many years my address has been confirmed but now I see it as UN confirmed, I had a person ask me why after all  the years you have been here you are UN confirmed are you trying to hide something. I would like some kind of answer and the answer I would love to here is Pay Pal will fix this ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Dukes
New Community Member

wow i thought i was the only one.. but i hope tis gets fixed quick.......too many issues involved

Login to Me Too

troller
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same thing! i odered from new.egg and it was canceled because of unconfirmed address!!! this bull!

Login to Me Too

Linmorsley
Contributor
Contributor

i thought i was the only one.. but i hope tis gets fixed quick...

Login to Me Too

whateverwhatev
New Community Member

apologize for the username- I grew frustrated because no name I tried would work!

I'm having the same problem- orders I have placed online (not on ebay) are being cancelled and I couldn't figure out why- and then I noticed the payments are pending on here and my address shows UNCOMFIRMED! well I'm sure that's why they are cancelling orders all the sudden.

Please fix this! this is really bull to have the same address since the beginning of payypal (literally) and now all the sudden I'm listed as uncomfirmed. sigh

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.