Paypal Auto Return issues in sandbox

Harodan
Contributor
Contributor

To complete my orders, I need my customers to be forwarded automatically to the website, as expected.

I have created a sandbox paypal account, both selling and buying, and have been testing it out extensively-

I can't seem to get around the problem of Auto Return, however.

It is activated, and even when I deactivate the "Paypal Account Optional" option, the page refuses to forward to the target url. I have verified that it is https, and have spent quite a while searching for a solution online;

Does anyone know of anything else I can try?

To clarify,

I have set up AutoReturn with a link, disabled Paypal Account Optional and reaffirmed that the target link is https.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Harodan
Contributor
Contributor

Well, not sure how, but Paypal finally allowed me into the store settings.

I set up auto-return and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Harodan
Contributor
Contributor

Okay... it was a stupid issue, really.

My problem (I guess) is not with the settings not working; It is with paypal's management of having multiple accounts on one sandbox.

Here's my problem.

I have two accounts named Biz and Per for simplicity.

Per is at the top of the list of test accounts, but I highlight the radiobutton for Biz and click Enter Sandbox Test Site.

It is in there that I am able to set up auto-forward and then wonder why, when I make a purchase, it doesn't forward-

Here's the issue. I just noticed that the PayPal balance shown for the account when I enter its test site is always that of Per, not Biz. Paypal is forwarding me to the wrong test site; All of my autoforwarding settings are being set up in the Purchasing account, rather than the Selling account.

I have been unable to get into the Biz settings so far. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? I've even gone as far as to delete the Per account, but it is to no avail- Paypal still takes me to its settings page as if I had never gotten rid of it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Harodan
Contributor
Contributor

Well, not sure how, but Paypal finally allowed me into the store settings.

I set up auto-return and it works fine now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.