Payment were made to an old email address. Can't see payments on my account.

JoeToledo
Contributor
Contributor

A page that I had set up had an old email address I no longer use.   Payments have been made (I can't tell how many) by buyers and I don't see any of the payments on my account.  The buyers have apparently been charged but the amount does not show in my account balance. 

I have fixed the page, so that payments will now be made to the correct email address.  How can I find out the payments made to the wrong email address and get them to show in my account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Wayne

If you had access to the old email address, adding it to your account and confirming it will allow all payments sent to this email address to come into your account.

As of now the payments have no place to go. They would have left the buyer's accounts but no posted in yours. Add the email and go through the steps below to confirm it, this will allow you to get your funds.

To add an email address to your PayPal account, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click ‘Email’ in the ‘Account Information’ column.
4. Click ‘Add’.
5. Enter your email address and click ‘Save’.

When you add the email address, we will automatically send an email to this address. To confirm your email address, follow these steps:

1. Click the confirmation link in the email.
2. Enter your PayPal password.
3. Click ‘Confirm’.

If the link does not appear in the email, you can confirm your email address from your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click the ‘Confirm email address’ link in the Notifications box on the right hand side of the page.
3. Click the link ‘Click here if the button does not appear in the email’.
4. Enter the 20-digit confirmation number provided in the email we sent.
5. Click ‘Confirm’.

I hope this answers your question for you Smiley Happy

Wayne

Login to Me Too

jdfinch

I have the same problem as above. But I can't add the old email address, because the email account is closed. I have removed the old email address (and updated to the new) from everywhere (eBay and Paypal) and yet it turns up on the seller auction pages. I have two pending payments to claim and I can't see them in my Paypal account. There must be somewhere I'm not aware of where I can update my email which will then appear on the seller page.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If you do not have access to that old email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address. Send the buyer a PayPal invoice (Request Money) from your PayPal account to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

Paying from the PayPal "Request Money" invoice may make the payment not eligible for PayPal or eBay Buyer Protection. If the buyer is uncomfortable with that possibility, you can cancel the eBay transaction and relist, with a BIN (Buy It Now) price equal to the winning bid amount, using your correct PayPal email address. This way the buyer will be able to win the auction and use eBay checkout to send payment to your correct PayPal email address.

The following link explains how to cancel an eBay transaction...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

For future eBay listings, make sure you have the correct PayPal email address in the payments section of each listing... here's a screen shot of that section of the eBay "List Your Item" form...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/payment03b.gif

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.