PayPal Needing More Information?

wcbs
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I logged into my Paypal account and instead of taking me to the page it regularly takes me to I see this message.

Why do I need to provide additional information about my account?

We require additional information about your account for the following reason(s):

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-190-582-465.)

I have written to paypal and received no response as of today, I can still send and receive money and do my USPS shipping for my ebay sales but cannot find any information on what information is being requested and have received no emails from paypal. You would think if they needed more information they would have sent me an email instead of just a notice when I log in.

I cannot find anything in the reolutions center, I have never had a claim filed against me so right now I am clueless on what to do.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to make sure this is taken care of so that there are no problems.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

spirit_of_thrif
Contributor
Contributor

hello,i get the same message also.everytime i log on to paypal a message pops up and says

We require additional information about your account for the following reason(s):

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-187-107-227.) i see no other link or any way to access anything about it
any resolution or help with this would be much appreciated.i don't have any un-resolved cases or disputes.thanks so much!.

Login to Me Too

glimmering-glow
Contributor
Contributor

Same message here. I called Paypal and spoke to someone, who transferred me to the "limitations department."  He said this is a new policy by Paypal, information required, but they don't need any information at this time.  He said my account was fine.  I also have no disputes and no problems on my account, so this was baffling.  If they don't need information at this time, I wish that prompt would go away.  It is unsettling!

Login to Me Too

glimmering-glow
Contributor
Contributor

I called back because the message was worrying, and they needed a tax ID number or social security number. 

Login to Me Too

superduperdindi
Contributor
Contributor

I've gotten this too, I'm not sure what's going on, but I agree with one of the posters that it is unsettling.  I am not getting any emails at the moment, but that could be my email provider...crossing fingers!

Login to Me Too

michelfahed
New Community Member

Why do I need to provide additional information about my account?

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-199-338-883.)

I got the same message in here, any progress with you guys?

Login to Me Too

Greatstockpix
Contributor
Contributor

I got it too. I'm pretty sure it's related to the new IRS requirements, not any kind of dispute. For example, they need my Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) since they will be reporting income to the IRS this year. I was told to upload that document along with proof of id (drivers license) and a utility bill w/ my business name on it. However, I can't find instructions on how to do that so I have an email in to Paypal right now. I'll try and follow up if I get a response.

Login to Me Too

Reign80
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I received a message from Paypal to provide my SSN and when I did that it said I needed to provide more information.

Today I am having a hard time trying to find that page again.

Where is that section located in papal?

Login to Me Too

Reign80
Contributor
Contributor
THis is what I see when I log on to PAYPAL. It doesn't give me any link to upload more info for them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all, lemme see if I can help out here.

You are more than likely running into requests for information for tax purposes as Greatstockpix is saying.  Proof of ID (drivers license, photo ID, etc.), Proof of Address (Utility bill, bank statement, etc.), and in some cases IRS acceptance letter for TIN/EIN or proof of SSN.  These are typically the things required.

As far as being able to upload, we're working on getting that up and running. As of right now, you would need to fax the docs in.

Here's the link to our IRS FAQ so you can see for yourself what's required on your account and why.  I would also encourage everyone to participate in our hour long IRS Q&A session on February 2nd at 2pm EST, 11am PST if you have more questions.

Hope this answers some of your concerns!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.