Old Address Still Showing Up

memoriestoyou
Contributor
Contributor

Two months ago I changed my address and deleted the old one.  I use this account for my business and have transactions almost daily.  Each time the correct address shows up.  today I purchased through Ebay and paid with my PayPal account only to discover my old address appeared and that is the one that the seller shipped to.  Thank goodness I still have a mail forward in place but this is going to significantly delay receiving my goods and therefore will affect my business.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome memoriestoyou

Hello and your situation certainly sounds a bit frustrating.  If you have checked your PayPal account 'profile' and do not see that the old address is listed then most likely the address is being pulled from your eBay account directly. 

I would encourage you to log into your eBay account and double check the 'address' section within your profile.  In many cases you will find that the old address is still listed on eBay and when you complete a payment the old address may be used.  If you are unable to find any trace of the old address on eBay or PayPal, yet the old address is still being used then please let us know so we can look into this further.  Thanks so much and have a great day.

KB

Login to Me Too

Mary3
New Community Member

This is happening to me also. The transaction details show the shipping address as an old address. I have checked everywhere in ebay and paypal and nowhere does it still have my old address listed (that I can find). Please advise where this link is to change it!

thanks

Mary

Login to Me Too

Skydin
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been experiencing this, but not through eBay purchases. Through other site purchases where I use paypal, and it's not with all sites, only some. They give me a long list of old addresses that don't exist anywhere. I've never even used these addresses with the site in question. And when I go to select the right one and hit ok, it reverts back every time!

Login to Me Too

4mom
New Community Member

I have changed the address several times and it still has my old address listed to my confirmed status. It will not let me change this. You guys at Paypal have to see that this is not a very user friendly system. I understand my account has already been confirmed, but the edit address does not seem to stick! Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Bunnerfly
New Community Member

I am positively furious about this. I have tried changing my home address numerous times, only to have it "not" save. I had 2 very important items ship to the wrong address because of this!! Every time I try to edit it, it says my changes have not been saved, even though I HAVE clicked SAVE. I can't delete it either.

What can I do? I've now had 2 separate items ship to an old address, never to be heard from again. FIX THIS PLEASE.

Login to Me Too

Foxee
New Community Member

I recently had MANY gifts I had ordered for Christmas ship to someone I had sold goods to nearly 4 months ago!! Her address was used instead of my default address(my home). Fortunately, I was able to contact her and she was an honest soul and shipped the things to me, but it was costly for me to pay for this extra shipping and VERY UPSETTING to know that I have no control over where my purchased items are going to ship!! I can find NO record of these other addresses on my PAYPAL account.

Login to Me Too

TheMiker

I've had the same thing happen, even though I've changed my information on Ebay as well.  THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!   I do not have my old address listed anywhere.   Where is Paypal pulling this info from?  

Login to Me Too

jadegreen
Contributor
Contributor

I just in the past few minutes printed about 3 shipping labels thru paypal... I noticed that my  return address was the old one... The label I printed yesterday & earlier labels  had my new return address.. I changed my address on ebay & paypal a while back & can't fingure out what is happening.....

Login to Me Too

crossettman
New Community Member

Today I received a PayPal Smart Connect account bill addressed to my old address.  I have changed the address to my new address in the Profile.  Why did I get a bill sent to my old address?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.