My profile is missing a PayPal Account Optional setting!

JoCarolJones
Contributor
Contributor

The documentation on the paypal site says if I go to the Website Payment Preferences page, I should find a "PayPal Account Optional" option -- if I have a Business or Premier account . . . and I have a Business account. But there is no such option on the page! The only options shown are:

* Auto Return for Website Payments

* Payment Data Transfer

* Encrypted Website Payments

* Contact Telephone Number

* Express Checkout Settings

Can someone tell my what to do? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Wayne

In the Selling Preferences column do you have an option called "Website Payment Preferences"?

It is in here that you can turn it on and off 'PayPal Account Optional'

Login to Me Too

JoCarolJones
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Wayne. That's what I was describing -- I already clicked on Website Payment Preferences. The page that comes up then only has these sections on it:

* Payment Data Transfer

It does NOT have a section re: PayPal Account Optional, even though the documentation (and everyone I've spoken to) says that should be on the same page.  Help!

Login to Me Too

JoCarolJones
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked a friend's paypal account, and they DO have the PayPal Account Optional section on their Website Payment Preferences page:

* Payment Data Transfer

* PayPal Account Optional

But my page is missing that section! The only difference I can see between my friend's account and my account is that he has a Premier account and I have a Business account. But the PayPal documentation:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/merchant/WAXLanding-outside

says this feature is available to BOTH Business and Premier accounts.

So I really don't know why my settings page and account is missing this option, when it shouldn't be.

Is it possible that I may not have done something (verify something, whatever?) that I need to do before that setting appears?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi JoCarolJones,

I am going to get one of my colleagues to contact you later today to sort out the issue for you. That will be the best way forward as they will have access to your account while they are on the phone to you.

I hope this helps you sort out the problem.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

frontman
New Community Member

I seem to be having the same problem (Premier account).

Could it be that this option is not available in South Africa?

Login to Me Too

steverossi
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, am missing this option on my Business Account.

Steve

Login to Me Too

steverossi
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal Merchant services says (I was able to call them 888-818-3922 after an hour with regular tech support) you get the "PayPal Account Optional setting" only if you're "moving some big bucks" through Pay Pal. He said "such as Best Buy, Target...."

For those of you who have the setting it appears you either got a lucky glitch or you are moving big bucks.

For the rest us, it's no sale.

Steve

Login to Me Too

cfshopkart

i have a client and it's missing from her account too.  It's a United States Account and it's a Business account that is verified so it SHOULD be there.  I have my own business acount and a couple other clients of mine have them and the option is there.  So what is the solution to this?  Is my client just SOL because she didn't win the PayPal Settings Lottery?   I have the settings in my own account and I don't make a huge number of sales every month.

Login to Me Too

joereg378
New Community Member

I have the same problem, and I am loosing money because of it. I have no "PayPal Account Optional" setting. Can anyone verify if "account verification" helps. Paypal clearly says on there business account ad that you can receive payment from people that have no account.

Joe

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.