Log-In Issues

katielady
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody else been having trouble in the last few days logging in?  Sometimes it works, sometimes it redirects to a screen that says sorry your action couldn't be completed, and sometimes I get a red error box saying I must enter both my user name and password (which I have already done).  Of course to get help or contact paypal you have to log in.  Strange I was able to use my log-in to get to Water Cooler today but I've tried five times in a row to get in to my account and can't.  Anybody got any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Which browser type and version are you using?

I've seen individuals encounter errors with Internet Explorer 9 similar to this - if that's the case there are two recommendations I can make.

First, your cookies may be set too high.  Either lower the security settings or allow cookies specifically from PayPal (try going to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites and add www.paypal.com)

Another item to try, if you are going directly to PayPal, to type in the URL as https:// rather than just http://

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Nope no such problem.

Have you check your computer for a virus.

Also clean out all temp internet files and cookies.

Login to Me Too

Asil
New Community Member

Yes, I have been having the same problem. Tried all there suggestions, even tried there virtual guide, which was like trying to trouble shoot with my Golden Retriever. Still can't log in. It is message 3014, I think.

Login to Me Too

katielady
Contributor
Contributor

No, no viruses - I run Kaspersky and i shows clean.  Also my history is set to clear temp files and cookies on closing browser, so that's not it either.  Strangely enough I use the same log-in to get to Community and it always works.  Anybody else have any ideas?  The live chat with Sarah doesn't work either - it isn't a live chat at all; it's an automated topic reply that is very limited. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Which browser type and version are you using?

I've seen individuals encounter errors with Internet Explorer 9 similar to this - if that's the case there are two recommendations I can make.

First, your cookies may be set too high.  Either lower the security settings or allow cookies specifically from PayPal (try going to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites and add www.paypal.com)

Another item to try, if you are going directly to PayPal, to type in the URL as https:// rather than just http://

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

jgp
New Community Member

I had the same login problem this morning from two different computers. Both run the latest Firefox and both have www.paypal.com listed in their respective exception lists.  Lost about 20 minutes and finally had to use my USPS account to ship a package to a customer. Tried again and everything seemed to be fine. So far this is the only day I have had trouble, however, I am not an every day user.

Login to Me Too

ringer56
New Community Member

I have been having same issue and had to low my privacy setting.  I really don't want to accept the cookies so I can look at my account. I want to increase my protection but need to be able to get to my paypal account.  Concerned about this.

Login to Me Too

katielady
Contributor
Contributor

Are you accessing via Favorites or a Bookmark?  Per Adrian's suggestion i switched to typing in the URL in the address line an it seems to be working okay

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@ringer56 wrote:

I have been having same issue and had to low my privacy setting.  I really don't want to accept the cookies so I can look at my account. I want to increase my protection but need to be able to get to my paypal account.  Concerned about this.

Hi ringer56;

You wouldn't have to lower your privacy setting if you add the site as one of your exceptions or, as has been suggested, type the address in manually.

What browser are you using? If you can answer that, I can tell you how to add the site as an exception so you don't need to lower your privacy levels. I'm guessing it's IE, but which version?

Best of Luck,

Raven

Login to Me Too

voxamoeba
New Community Member

I've have this problem since 4/19/11.  Paypal sent me over 30 emails about potential unauthorized transactions, but no one will respond to the dozen emails I've sent them, and the 4 times I called the phone number, once I got through I was immediately hung up on.  I can't set up another account because I used my credit card on the locked account.

I've clear out history & cookies and tried on 3 different computers.

A couple weeks ago they had the balls to send me an email saying "what's up?  we emailed you about a problem and you're not responding". 

I have no idea what to do about this and it's starting to be a pain. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.