Incorrect Address

timbofosho
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a recent ebay purchase with paypal and was shocked to see, after changing my address on the account, that paypal still listed a former address and I'm afraid my purchase is goingn to be sent to that address. It's midnight where I am and I cannot reach a seller (apparently a "company" of some sort that sells lots of these items via ebay) or a paypal rep.  I've debated stopping payment, as my paypal is linked to my bank account, but I want the product, just shipped to the correct address!!!!!! What do I do???!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, first of all, get ahold of the seller ASAP - remember the time zones.  If they have a phone number, phone them - some big sellers aren't very fast on answering their emails.

Then you'll have some hard information on whether the item has been shipped or not.

The seller may ask you to change the address in Paypal and re-verify it - it's a reasonable request.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, first of all, get ahold of the seller ASAP - remember the time zones.  If they have a phone number, phone them - some big sellers aren't very fast on answering their emails.

Then you'll have some hard information on whether the item has been shipped or not.

The seller may ask you to change the address in Paypal and re-verify it - it's a reasonable request.

Login to Me Too

timbofosho
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I did just that and the issue is apparently now resolved as I just received my tracking information, with the correct address in my email! Thank you! And I must say excelphone handled the situation very quickly and professionally!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Nice to see that the system works.

Login to Me Too

qwerty102

I have asked for 5 months tohave my  address    changed.

Is there a reason it can't be done?????????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

poloman67
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar problem, several wrong and incorrect addresses showed up for my purchases, including an address for a person I did not know and had never done business with.  These shipping addresses did not show up under profiles, had to call PayPal and ended up dealing with some stupid moron who would not answer my questions and took forever to resolve my problem.   PayPal can be useful, but their help is often lacking in clarity and in resolving the problem.

Login to Me Too

starkiller19

I have the same problem, but in this case I am the seller.  The buyer immeidately contacted me after purchase saying that they did not update their shipping address to the current/correct address.  Is there a way that the buyer can change this so it's correct on their end?  Or is my only recourse to refund the buyer and re-invoice them AFTER they have updated (and confirmed) their new address?  This is for an ebay purchase btw.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

wilfred
New Community Member

Please change my mailing address and ship to address, **removed**  ALSO, I have two orders being shipped to my old address in **removed**.  Can you divert these orders to my current address? Please advise VIA my e-mail address.

Thanks

Wilfred

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello wilfred!

Welcome to the forum!

I've removed your address information from your post for security purposes.  🙂  Your address information can be updated in your account by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "'Update" beside Address.
  4. Enter your address information and click "Save."

If you have submitted a transaction with incorrect shipping information, I recommend contacting the merchant to see if they could offer assistance with updating the address information for the shipment.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.