I am trying to add a second email address to my account not getting confirmation emails

jewls634
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for over a week to add a second email address to my paypal account.  I have logged in to paypal and clicked on the confirm email address but have never gotten an email to the new address to confirm it.  What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Amy

Hi jewls634!

Thank you for your post.. I am sorry to hear you are not receiving the confirmation email for your newly added email address. 

Please check:

• Check to make sure you entered your email address correctly on your PayPal account.
  • Look in your junk mail or spam folder to see if your confirmation email was delivered to that folder instead of to your email inbox.
  •  

If you still don't receive the confirmation email, you may need to change your email format. We automatically send HTML emails. You can receive plain text emails by updating your Profile.

Here's how to change email formats:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
    3. Click "Notifications" under Account Information. (Don't see this step? Click "My settings" instead.)
    4. Select "Plain Text" under Notification Format for Emails, then click "Save."

I hope this information is helpful!! 

Amy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
    12 REPLIES 12
    Solved

PayPal_Amy

Hi jewls634!

Thank you for your post.. I am sorry to hear you are not receiving the confirmation email for your newly added email address. 

Please check:

• Check to make sure you entered your email address correctly on your PayPal account.
  • Look in your junk mail or spam folder to see if your confirmation email was delivered to that folder instead of to your email inbox.
  •  

If you still don't receive the confirmation email, you may need to change your email format. We automatically send HTML emails. You can receive plain text emails by updating your Profile.

Here's how to change email formats:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
    3. Click "Notifications" under Account Information. (Don't see this step? Click "My settings" instead.)
    4. Select "Plain Text" under Notification Format for Emails, then click "Save."

I hope this information is helpful!! 

Amy

Login to Me Too

khang919
    New Community Member

Hi Amy,

I'm having the same problem as I'm trying to claim a payment.  I'm currently stuck at the step to confirm my email address.

I've tried your suggestion changing my notification format to plain text.  I went back to request for another confirmation email to be sent and I still have not received it.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Khang

Login to Me Too

jewls634
    Contributor
    Contributor

Hi Amy, thank you for responding...I have done all that you posted and nothing?  I have gone in to my Paypal account and deleted the newely added email address and then readded it.  I did get an email to MY CURRENT paypal email address (stating that a new email address has been added to my account) but nothing in the new email that will allow me to confirm the new addition. 

If you have any more suggestions they are greatly appreciated.

Julene Jefferson

Login to Me Too

jewls634
    Contributor
    Contributor

Ok so everything that I tried did not work 😞  I finally sent an email directly to Paypal, and they manually confirmed the new email address for me 🙂 

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too

ron_lastof_exis
    Contributor
    Contributor

Amy, what about the "bug" PayPal was working on still in mid-August, where if your Primary email address is not your PayPal ID (my situation, and I'm sure many others), PayPal still sends the "you've got money" emails in-error to your PayPal ID as an email address?

I just complained about this in the related question (first one I saw in this forum) about "mulitple" emails on PayPal.  PayPal told me in August they were working on this; I stopped listing on eBay in the meantime, and yet when someone paid me yesterday (Dec. 6, first time in many weeks) I still did not receive a PayPal email (but I received "you sent so-and-so money" emails this week fine).

I think questioners about multiple emails on PayPal accounts should be reminded in answers that PayPal still has a known "bug" with some users that their "you've got money" emails are not going to their Primary email address; thanks.

Login to Me Too

amacs

I am having to EXACT same problem as ron_lastsof_exis states in his response. How do I get my new Primary email to be the one that receives the Instant Payment Notification emails??

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

rhrocker
    New Community Member
    Hi Amy. I'm having a simular problem, except that I do receive the email. However, the instructions say to "click on the link in the email" to show that I want the change. Problem is, there's no link in the email to click on. What now?? Rhrocker
    Login to Me Too

greatshopping
    Contributor
    Contributor

how many email address can be add to my account?

Login to Me Too

jewls634
    Contributor
    Contributor

I believe it said you can up to 6 or 7 email addresses per account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.