How to delete an email address from a PayPal account

Temp20220727aj
Contributor
Contributor

I have more than one email listed in my Pay Pal account. I would like to remove one of them, because I don't use that email account anymore. Is there a way to do that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Not that I know of.

Like all financial institutions, Paypal is a packrat - they never throw information away.

Just make the other email the primary.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Not that I know of.

Like all financial institutions, Paypal is a packrat - they never throw information away.

Just make the other email the primary.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220727aj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I wanted to have that other email address free to use with a different account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi pp-lsw!

If you want to free up the old email address for use on a different account, first confirm the new email address and make it your primary.  Once that has been completed, you'll be able to delete the old one. 

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

kmcarthur12
New Community Member

What if i deleted my original email account that i started everything with and changed my primary one to the one i use now because my aol account wont ever accept verifications any more and i have made my primary account the one that acctually works through yahoo but when i send an invoice through ebay it still has the old account email that doesnt work and i have to cancel all payments from purchasers and send them all individual invoices and fill out everything manually everytime i sell on ebay how do i change my payments verifications to my new account even though it says its the primary account already

Login to Me Too

ritahuard5
New Community Member

Am gonne be to USA for 4 months. want to change my credit card, an adresse.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

kmcarthur12 -

In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled or outdated email address, which it seems you are aware of.

You can check to see what email address was used on the auctions by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on your PayPal account to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.  Since this doesn't seem to work for you, you'll want to use the paragraph below.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address. You may want to ask for theirs if you are sending them a money request via PayPal to help facilitate the new payment.

To fix this issue going forward, when listing an item, change the email address on the Sell Your Item form to the current one, rather than the old AOL email address.

ritahuard05 - Addresses cannot be changed from one country to another.  If this is not a USA based card, I would continue to use your current PayPal account and enter the address during checkout. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

istilldontknow
Contributor
Contributor

On this subject - I cannot find a way to   delete a non PayPal members email address   I  put into my own PayPal account to issue a payment that never happened.

where is the " address book " ?  or " contact list " ?

Login to Me Too

mollythecollie
Contributor
Contributor

We have an online store that uses paypal.  How do  we delete email address from customers receipt??  We have our new email as the primary address with paypal.  However, the receipt our customers receive still has our old email address.  Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.