How do I use a foreign address?

firefly06
New Community Member

I am currently studying abroad in Japan and I would like to add my Japanese address so I can have things sent here, but  it only gives me the option for an American address. How do I add a foreign address?

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

askforhelp

I am facing same problem here. Open a new account for foreign address, but unable to verity my account as I do not have any local bank statement, social ID as I am not a resident. How can we open a verified account without worry it will be limited if we are only student there? My passport, etc is all from my home country, not from the country that  I am studying.

Login to Me Too

tbear2

I have a US Paypal account, but now live in Spain. We have family and friends scattered around the world. 

I wanted to send some gifts from merchants that use Paypal, but cannot have the items shipped outside of the US. 

This is crazy. 

I used to buy from eBay almost weekly. As I cannot use my Spanish address, that has stopped.

Merchants, please realize that if you only accept Paypal you are severely limiting your business.

I will not be able to do any Christmas shopping from merchants that only accept Paypal.

We live in a global economy.

Paypal, get with it!

Login to Me Too

Joe4therecord
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with everyone's frustration here.  I signed up just to say this.  I can't believe it's 2011 and paypal, a website existing entirely on the internet, still can't see beyond borders.  This makes paypal unsuitable to my needs and I will use a competitor.

Login to Me Too

Veuvecliquot
New Community Member

Paypal, you have to meet the needs of your customer. We share our time between Canada and the US (we have a second home in the US) and we want to be able to add our US address to have things shipped when we're there. You really have to improve this aspect of your service. Just Google ''adding address different country paypal'' and you'll see that you have hundreds of customers in this situation. It is very wrong to keep people stranded like this, especially since many merchant now only accept Paypal for payment.

Login to Me Too

jbear0002
Contributor
Contributor

Not only what previous replies have stated, but also giving correct information.  I saw a posting by a PayPal moderator told someone that bank regulations do not allow for US bank accounts to have foreign address associated with them.  Was unable to reply to the posting, but know for a fact that this is not true and that banks allow for US citizens to keep their US bank accounts while living overseas with foreign addresses.

Login to Me Too

bigbuyer
New Community Member

This is so stupid you should be able to modify the shipment address including the country. I am traveling to a foreign country to visit my family. And I like to get the item in this address. I  am not able to change the address. It is so frustrating. Especially when you spend two hours talking to customer service and instead of helping you they will insult you  because you want to send an item to a foreign country.

Login to Me Too

nevada3999

I agree 150%!  All I want to do is buy 2 little magnets and have them sent to Canada.  Is that so hard, PayPal !!!

Login to Me Too

Dharmabrother
New Community Member

I also agree that this is ridiculous!  I just tried ordering some shoes I really want from a site that only accepts Paypal and I cannot!!  I am living in South Korea teaching English.  This means I will have to burden my parents (again) by having it shipped to their house and have them ship the shoes to me.  Paypal is seriously limited by not allowing foreign addresses..

Login to Me Too

feif
Contributor
Contributor

Amazing that I am able to add a foreign (my sister-in-law's) address to my Amazon account but can't do that on PayPal.  What is PayPal's problem?

Login to Me Too

helenacf
New Community Member

So far, what I can find is that you have to create a foreign PayPal account to have a purchase sent to you in a foreign country.  Is this true?  I purchased an item from Australia and it is to be shipped to Mexico.  The seller has approved sending it to Mexico, but I can't change the PayPal info. 

Is it necessary to have the PayPal shipping address as the correct one?  As long as the shipper has the correct address, is that all I need?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.