How do I use a foreign address?

firefly06
New Community Member

I am currently studying abroad in Japan and I would like to add my Japanese address so I can have things sent here, but  it only gives me the option for an American address. How do I add a foreign address?

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Sephiroth21682
New Community Member

can someone answer this question? paypal!? i need the same answer

Login to Me Too

Rodrigo
New Community Member

Hey,

We are **bleep**ed up on this.  You might want to take a look at this topic:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/adding-a-shipping-address-in-canada/td-p/150

Enjoy! (or not)

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You would have to open a Japanese Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

amgh00
Contributor
Contributor

How do I open a foreign account?  Not in Japan but in Ireland?

I want to purchase and have stuff shipped to my son in Ireland using my US eBay and PayPal accounts but, like the others, I cannot add a foreign address to my gift addresses.  This seems uncharacteristically limited.

Login to Me Too

terrytrtr
New Community Member

I have an opposite situation, I need to ship to US address but have a foreign credit card, how do I do that?

Login to Me Too

Dave_R

My situation is similar. I'm military stationed in the UK. So, I've got an APO address, which is a U.S. address and a British address. My phone numbers are all UK now because I put my US cell phone account on suspension while I'm stationed over here. It made no sense to be paying the bill for it when I wasn't using it. It was difficult enough to get PayPal to accept the APO address for my billing address. I think that PayPal really should address this issue and give their customers what they want. It's really poor customer service in my opinion.  At least I don't have the shipping problem when I use any of the  Amazon sites or Barnes and Noble.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hey guys,

You can only add postal addresses which are located in the country where your PayPal account is registered, in your case the USA.

If you are studying in Japan and are there for a long time you could look into having a Japanese account while you are there? This will allow you to have goods shipped to Japan.

Login to Me Too

charcotian

Are you serious!?  This is 2010, this is exactly the sort of thing that the internet is for... For shame.

Login to Me Too

skyhover
New Community Member

Does it mean we have to use a different email address to open a different paypal account?

This surely will add overhead to personal finanace management.

Why couldn't ebay simply combine them together? Is it because of different laws in different countries?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.