How do I delete Old Addresses from PayPal - My Profile

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

On the My Profile page... Address section... it shows my address... which I can "Update"...  and several other old addresses when I click on "Show More"... How do I Delete those other Addresses?

Those other addresses also show up in Ebay as linked from PayPal. I do not want those addresses to show up in PayPal or Ebay. I can only make them disappear from Ebay if I "UN-Link" my PayPal account from Ebay? Those addresses are stored in my PayPal Account and I want to delete them.

How do I delete other addresses in my PayPal account profile?

paypal addresses 1.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

DollarsAndSense-  Well good day to you as well!  More than happy to help you out.  Those addresses would be added as 'Ship to' addresses to make it easier when you checkout on websites; if they already exist you don't have to re-type them.  If you don't have a 'delete' option, you would have to give us a call because we can get rid of them for you.  And we'll be glad to make that happen.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40
Solved

PayPal_Andy

DollarsAndSense-  Well good day to you as well!  More than happy to help you out.  Those addresses would be added as 'Ship to' addresses to make it easier when you checkout on websites; if they already exist you don't have to re-type them.  If you don't have a 'delete' option, you would have to give us a call because we can get rid of them for you.  And we'll be glad to make that happen.

Andy

Login to Me Too

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andy...

John B.

Login to Me Too

Exigence
New Community Member

If I have to call everytime I need to change addresses -- with four kids in college who move every year and change addresses frequently -- then I'm very disappointed. If I can add an address, I ought to be able to delete it.

Try calling sometime and see how effiicent that is for use of time.

Login to Me Too

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Very Good Point! I guess I'm just glad there's a solution at all...Tech Support calls can, and most often do, eat up a lot of time... for both parties, in fact. I would think someone at PayPal would want to reduce costly incoming tech support calls by discovering these proramming interface issues and correcting them asap... making improvements for a more efficient, and useable, User Interface.

A small "Delete" button next to those other listed addresses would be handy. I can't imagine after over 30 years of PC evolution... that writing/implementing the code for such a software upgrade would be that difficult. Surely, there must be available to PayPal an individual, software developer, programmer type, who could do just such a thing... with one eye open, and half a cup of coffee in hand.

Login to Me Too

wassabe
New Community Member

This is a pain without a delete option for the old addresses, I just had a Package deliveried to an old (wrong) address, even thou I choosed the correct delivery address during checkout, but my other package got send to the right address, this will be a huge pain for both the Seller and Buyer not to mention hours of headache trying to get this thing straighten out.

Now the package is pretty much lost since not many honest people are out there to return a package when you can get them for free, paypal really need to change this.

Login to Me Too

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your contribution... that's just it... I don't want to accidentally use a wrong address... and I don't want my sweetheart to use a wrong address... recently she added an address and it had a typo... well... it's still there... I still have to make the dreaded phone call to try to get it fixed...

Also... Bill Me Later is apparently very picky about your address... I still can't use BML at Vitacost because of the way Vitacost does my address... spent some time on the phone with Vitacost and BML... but got no where... but that's another story... 

Login to Me Too

rhearic1
Contributor
Contributor

Jimal
New Community Member

@Exigence wrote:

If I have to call everytime I need to change addresses -- with four kids in college who move every year and change addresses frequently -- then I'm very disappointed. If I can add an address, I ought to be able to delete it.

Try calling sometime and see how effiicent that is for use of time.

Normally I would agree with you about calling technical support, but I had this issue with an old address hanging around so and just called PayPal's technical support. The entire call, from the phone ringing until I hung up took TWO MINUTES. Rather efficient, I say. The important thing to do is go to the "Contact US" page and get a Web PIN. Their system recognizes your phone number and by entering the PIN you bypass all the normal security check stuff that takes time. I can't comment on the usual time killer, hold time, as my call was picked up immediately, but my call took TWO MINUTES. Not too shabby.

Jimal

Login to Me Too

lcalhoon
New Community Member

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Andy

What is the phone number to call?  I have many addresses to erase...no delete button. 

Please email me the phone number to me at my email address.

Gracias,

LAC

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.