How do I change my account type?

starfish1421
Contributor
Contributor

Simply, how do I downgrade from business to personal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

oonis
Contributor
Contributor

I asked Sarah and she said,"if you are sure you'd like to downgrade, then you'll need to contact PayPal Customer Service by phone. A customer service agent will gladly help you downgrade your account. "

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

oonis
Contributor
Contributor

I asked Sarah and she said,"if you are sure you'd like to downgrade, then you'll need to contact PayPal Customer Service by phone. A customer service agent will gladly help you downgrade your account. "

Login to Me Too

starfish1421
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks oonis.

Login to Me Too

ronaldbit
New Community Member

How do I change my account number to a new one?

Login to Me Too

alex808
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I was wondering how to change my account to premier from business?  Please advise thank you.

Login to Me Too

starfish1421
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call paypal directly & speak to a rep. It's the only way to change your account type.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello starfish1421,

You can request your PayPal account to be downgraded.

Here’s how to request a downgrade of your account: Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account, Click ‘Contact Us’ at the bottom of any page, Click ‘Send us a question by email’ under ‘Email us,’ Choose ‘My Account. Select ‘Changing/Updating Account Information,’ Enter ‘Downgrade’ under ‘Summarize your question,’ Click ‘Continue,’ and Enter the reason you want to downgrade your account and click ‘Continue.’

We’ll email you within 72 hours to confirm that your account has been downgraded.

You can only downgrade your account from a Business or Premier account to a Personal account once.

Please feel free to call PayPal directly and speak to a representative to request your account to downgraded as well by following the instructions above but instead click on the contact us link to locate the direct phone number.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.