Define full bank account number

rrmatey
New Community Member

I want to change the primary email addressee but have not been successful entering the full bank account number when asked. I've tried the account number with leading zeros and tried adding the bank routing number without success. Can anyone tell me what they want?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

They probably want the routing number and the account number. Your bank routing number, account number and check number can be located at the bottom of your checks. Your bank routing number is the 9 digits between the |: symbols.

Below are five examples of how your information may appear. The bank routing number is underlined in green and the account number is underlined in red. In these examples, you would enter the bank routing number as 126000107 and the account number as 6173694.

DO NOT ENTER YOUR CHECK NUMBER. Your check number is also located on the bottom of your check, on either side of the bank routing number or the account number.

Click on the following link to see the five examples...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/routing01.gif

Login to Me Too

Dan45f
New Community Member

I've been trying to change my email address.  Initially I couldn't get it to confirm. I now see that you do not accept yahoo email addresses.   Now my (non-yahoo) email address is confirmed, but I can't get it to be primary because my "full bank account number" doesn't seem to work.  I know the numbers  but cannot get the number accepted.  I am not trying to change my account number, but the email address listed as primary is no long working (out of date 4+ years).  Is there anyway I can get this corrected?  Do I need to delete my account and begin anew?

Dan  

Login to Me Too

bzgzd
New Community Member

I have same problem.

I need to change my primary email address but when I try to do that paypal wants my "full bank account number" and then after I enter it it says: 

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

i tried my 10 digid account number, full 24 character IBAN number and several other combinations but I am still unable to change primary email

I know the account number that paypal is asking for (it shows me last 2 digits and I have just one bank account) but paypal seems to have some problems here...

Login to Me Too

dawnann
New Community Member

I struggled with this one with a variety of numbers and finally it accepted the last 6 digits of just my bank account number.

Login to Me Too

grimmlwarhouse
New Community Member

I can't get it to work either.  I've tried a lot of combinations, and when I try to "add a new bank" account it won't accept the account number I enter because it says it's already in the system.  Very frusterating.

Thoughts on format?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.