Changed my address, bank and CC---PP is acting weird

Wish-I-Knew
Contributor
Contributor

So I moved, changed address, bank, CC, and posted, verified, and confirmed all this with PP.  Now my buyer can't do a credit card purchase, and the debit card they were offering me just a week ago has been denied.   Nothing has changed in my ebay, I still have 100% seller feedback, and and no disputes.  What's up??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

All of the actions that you've taken are exactly what a scammer would do if they hijacked your account - you can see why paypal would be nervous.

The buyer's issue with the credit card may have nothing to do with you at all - might be the buyer's problem.

If the problem continues with other people, use the "Contact US" link in your Paypal account to get their phone number and call them.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

1) What error message does your buyer receive when he tries to pay?

2) Did your email address also change?

Login to Me Too

Wish-I-Knew
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't changed my email address.  She just says it tells her that she cannot use her credit card for her purchase.  I checked all my settings and preferences and it is the same; it shows how the charge will appear on the statement, etc.  I am completely verified and have not had this complaint before.   Is it her credit card that's the problem?  I wonder because I didn't get any kind of notification or anything.
Thanks

Login to Me Too

Wish-I-Knew
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and one more thing.  I was pre-approved for my Paypal Debit Card and I clicked on it today and it said I was declined, but could re-apply in 30 days.  Is this related to the address and banking changes?  

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Wish-I-Knew wrote:

Oh, and one more thing.  I was pre-approved for my Paypal Debit Card and I clicked on it today and it said I was declined, but could re-apply in 30 days.  Is this related to the address and banking changes?  

Most likely yes.

Login to Me Too
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

All of the actions that you've taken are exactly what a scammer would do if they hijacked your account - you can see why paypal would be nervous.

The buyer's issue with the credit card may have nothing to do with you at all - might be the buyer's problem.

If the problem continues with other people, use the "Contact US" link in your Paypal account to get their phone number and call them.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Wish-I-Knew wrote:

She just says it tells her that she cannot use her credit card for her purchase.   Is it her credit card that's the problem?

Your buyer should check to make sure that PayPal has her credit card's correct expiration date. To do this, she should login to her PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and click on the "Credit/Debit Cards" link.

If the expiration date is not correct, click on the "Edit" link to enter the correct expiration date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.