Can anyone help me confirm my email address with PP?

johnupchurch

I just sold 3 items on Ebay and I got an email saying payments have been made. But when I go to the PP site I get a message that says "Our records indicate that this email address is unconfirmed. In order to receive these funds, you must first confirm your email address."

When I try to confirm my address with the number they provided me, it keeps saying "The confirmation number you have entered does not match our records for this account. Please check the number and try again."

What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Those are payment notification emails... they are not confirmation emails.

To request a confirmation email, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab, select the "Email" link in the left hand column and click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process. Within a minute or so, you will receive an email from PayPal which will have a confirmation number and link.

Click on the link in that email to finish the confirmation procedure.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When you click on the "Confirm" from within your PayPal account, PayPal will send you a new email message. You need to click on the confirm link in that new email message in order to confirm your email address. Using an old confirmation number will not work... you need to use the most recent confirmation number.

Login to Me Too

johnupchurch

I got 3 emails saying, "You've got cash". With "Notification of Instant Purchase Payment" in the message. All 3 messages have the exact same confirmation number. I don't know how to get a new one. I've used this account to pay for items several times. But now that I've sold items...I can't get it to work! Arghh...

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Those are payment notification emails... they are not confirmation emails.

To request a confirmation email, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab, select the "Email" link in the left hand column and click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process. Within a minute or so, you will receive an email from PayPal which will have a confirmation number and link.

Click on the link in that email to finish the confirmation procedure.

Login to Me Too

Alwyn_Neethling
Contributor
Contributor

I have done everything, I have a inbox full of activation e-mails. NON working. I get the "sorry" page. 

This has been going on for days and cant confirm payments that i have received. I have tried reinstalling browser as recommended, deleted browser files, use different, PC', ADSL accounts and even different locations. Still get the same error. 

I have added another e-mail address, and that confirmation went smoothly. But cant change the primary e-mail or confirm e-mail or release pending funds. 

This is urgent. PLEASE help. And yes i have gone to resent confirmation code in account settings, e-mail settings and pending payments settings. Same code same error!

Login to Me Too

otakugal15

I'm having that EXACT same issue with an old email that I still use. I don't use paypal often and have JUST started doing commission work, so I use paypal to receive payments and I'm getting the same issues over confirming that e-mail address to get at the payments. Code doesn't work from the e-mail that I got that says "You have money!", the confirm e-mail link says it's from an outdated version of paypal, and UGH. I've been clicking the send another confirmation e-mail link all day, but I'm just not getting it.

What's up with paypal?! Jesus @#%&ing Christ!! B/

Login to Me Too

Alwyn_Neethling
Contributor
Contributor

Good day, 

My problem was resolved once i phoned paypal from South-Africa. The call cost me R200+ seeing that the waiting period is way too long. 

I have asked the operator to check if  my primary e-mail address is not in use as a secondary e-mail address on another profile. He confirmed that i have another account and first need to remove my e-mail address that i want to use as primary e-mail on my main profile. 

This sorted out everything. 

Hope this work for you! If you can confirm your e-mail address yourself, then phone paypal and they will activate your profile manually over the phone. 

Regards

Alwyn

Login to Me Too

Fezman92
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same issue but for me the 'unconfirmed' email address has vanished along with the payment I am trying to accept and I have never gotten an e-mail confirmation even though I have requested many over the past week. So I can't add the email address (it's the same one I have but for some reason PayPal insisted I keep reconfirming it) and on top of that, the payment I am trying to get has vanished. What is going on?

Login to Me Too

sspeirs
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue. Email link doesn't work, and the confirmation code brings up and error page too. I have requested new numbers but now have an inbox full of PayPal emails all with the SAME confirmation number.

Did you ever figure out your problem?

Thanks,

--Steve

Login to Me Too

rebeko
Contributor
Contributor

I have paid items from my bank account with PP for years. Today I logged into PP, but my ps didn't work and I went thru the form to change it. Then, when I got to the payment options, my bank account was not listed. I tried to add it and I get a message that it is associated with another account.

I filled out the form to search for other email addresses, typed in the other two I have but neither were found. So I cannot use my bank account. But more importantly, my account seems to be messed up. I'm confused and I probably did something to mess it up but I do not know how to fix it.

Thank you!

rebeko

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.