Can I change the country of origin of my account?

Nexus
Contributor
Contributor

It's a long story, but....

I started a project online with various people from all over the world. We never needed donations but we do have the option for it on the site we use. So one of the people was from the states and he went off and set up a paypal account for the donations to go to. Months have gone by, people have come and gone and we've never needed donations. But now we have them and one of the people who dorpped out was that guy.

The account claims it needed email verivication which it has, but now it wants bank account verification, which it can get but it would need to be a UK account and since it's registeres in the US the format to enter bank details are toally different.

So what do I do? How can I move it to the UK version? I can't find anything to chage it. Address is set up for the US, as is time zone.

Everyone who will donate in the future will use the email address which is out there now.

Help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nexus
Contributor
Contributor

Ah no editting I see. Sorry about the spelling, I'm a touch dyslexic and I tend to type, post then I can quickly sort the typos.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Nexus,

It sounds like you have access to this other account.  There are a few options on getting the funds out.

1) Acquire a US bank account and add it to get the money out.

2) Send the funds over to the other account as a Personal Payment.

Once you have the funds out, close the account out. 

In the meantime, take down the Donations button on your website and replace it with a new one, made from the account that you want the donations to go into.  That way, you won't have funds piling up in a place that you might not be able to get at.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.