Can I change my name ? Or send money without linking a bank account ?

tylerthebox
New Community Member

Recently, I recived $40 dollars via store for selling T-Shirts online. However at the moment its in an un-verrified account. And just yesterday I bid and won an auction on eBay that's $40 dollars paypal only.

Now the problem is, since I thought I'd be using this account for a one-time buy, I put my grandpa's name since I thought I'd be using his debit card to verify things like I've always had. Except now I've realised that I have an actual bank account myself that I could just link the account too.

But now the account is in my grandpa's name and I wanted to get this sorted out real quick today so this doesn't run into further complications in the future.

So what I'm trying to ask is: Is there any way I can change my account name OR activate an account by just using a debit or credit card ? If I had a PayPal account in the future, I wanted it in my name,  especially since I don't have more than $40 dollars in my bank account because I just switched, and wouldn't be able to purchase the eBay auction.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tylerthebox
New Community Member

Oh heck, actually, does having a different name on you Paypal account than your bank account atually do anything ?

And if so, could you have multiple accounts to one bank account ?

Thank you again for your time.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You cannot change the name on a PayPal account unless the name has been legally changed.  That's obviously not the case in your situation, and so... the answer is "No"... you cannot change the name on the PayPal account.

You can activate an account with just a debit or credit card. That would be a good solution for the current PayPal account.  It would permit you to use the existing $40.00 balance to pay for the eBay item.

For future use, you should open a new PayPal account using your name and your bank account and credit/debit card information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.