Benefits of multiple e-mail addresses on PayPal account

bmtgal
New Community Member

I know that I can have multiple e-mail addresses on my PayPal account.  The question is - how do I benefit from having multiple e-mail addresses?  What difference does it make which e-mail address is primary?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Marissa
New Community Member

I have the same question. I have a few different store front opened online, each with different names.  Does this allow me to connect e-mail addresses that corrospond with different sites so I can make all transactions from one account? 

I'm clueless to this new "multiple e-mail" thing.

Help!

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

One reason, online business owners use this feature for tracking purposes.  For example, a seller may have three web sites.  By associating a particular email address with a particular web site, the seller will know which web site the purchase originated from.

Another reason, if you have a Personal or Premier Account, PayPal will display your email address on the the PayPal Screens.  Having the option to have more than one email address allows you to control which address will be displayed on the PayPal Screens.

And you can track your transactions in your Account History by email address.  One could have a one address associated with one product and another address associated with another product.  You can then sort your History by email addresses for statistical tracking.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

syrgal
Contributor
Contributor

HI  Does it cosy money to upgrade tp a premiere account?  Are paypal fees higher if you upgrade?

Login to Me Too

shopkoolgifts
New Community Member

I have a Premier account. From what I remember, you only have to verify your account. I almost positive it does not cost money to set up. If you sell, it will cost you small transaction fees. Also, you can invoice customers or whoever you need to invoice via email. Great for when you need to revise an invoice.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@syrgal wrote:

Does it cosy money to upgrade tp a premiere account?

No.

@syrgal wrote:

Are paypal fees higher if you upgrade?

No... the fees are the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.