Alternate Address

JJoker
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it so hard to verify an alternate shipping address?  I completed a request, Paypal sent me a letter with the confirmation number, but the instructions did not match what show on their website (one of their own links they said to go to came up as "out of date" on their website!).

I emailed customer support, and someone there sent me a nice reply, but again, where she tells me to go does not appear for me.  I am supposed to go to "Notifications" but that is nowhere on the main menu, and it's not under any of the tabs - ideas would be much appreciated.

I've told Paypal - and not too politely - that they need to make this process easier.  WAY too cumbersome.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

Osmose
Contributor
Contributor

The directions blow for alt address confirmation.  It runs you in a circle.  Also, why do I have to confirm an address I've shipping to hundreds of times where paypal was used and this address was shipped too.

Login to Me Too

Andreco
New Community Member

After going around like an idiot in the payPal Help Laberynth I hit this thread and concluded, to my dismay and frustration, that there's no way to register alternate shipping addresses! I can't say enough about the stupid inflexible position of paypal on this issue. That's one of the reasons I love Amazon, they're very flexible about everything; one single account covers all my combinations of cards and shipping addresses, and for sites with Amazon Checkout is a breeze. With Ebay, I had to open 3 accounts, each linked to a separate PayPal account! 

Luckily, this particular seller, had an alternative too: not Amazon checkout, but Google checkout (now called Google Wallet) and taht worked beautifully! Highly recommended. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.