Alternate Address

JJoker
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it so hard to verify an alternate shipping address?  I completed a request, Paypal sent me a letter with the confirmation number, but the instructions did not match what show on their website (one of their own links they said to go to came up as "out of date" on their website!).

I emailed customer support, and someone there sent me a nice reply, but again, where she tells me to go does not appear for me.  I am supposed to go to "Notifications" but that is nowhere on the main menu, and it's not under any of the tabs - ideas would be much appreciated.

I've told Paypal - and not too politely - that they need to make this process easier.  WAY too cumbersome.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

marksz
Contributor
Contributor

The "alternate address" procedure was dreamed up by a bunch of idiots smoking crack.

I filled out the 'alternate address request form" on-line and submitted it. But that's not enough.

PayPal then sent some 20-digit verification number to where I work. I login to my account and enter this huge number. This ought to be enough to prove that I receive mail at my alternate address. Nope... still not enough.

After I entered the 20-digit verificaiton code I took me to some Fax page that I had to print up and Fax to PayPal along with my "other documents" - the problem is that the idiots on crack never told me anywhere what these "other documents" are supposed to be. Perhaps if I was psychic I would just know.

So I sent the Fax back - just the cover sheet because nowhere did it explain what the "other documents" are. It's now been several days and my "application is being reviewed."

This is beyond STUPID !!!!!

I have a job. I'm not home during the day. It is WAY SAFER for me to get  a package delivered to my office than it is for the package to sit on my front porch all day long.

What idiot smoking crack came up with this RIDICULOUS and OVER COMPLICATED and OVER ENGINEERED solution to a problem that does not exist???

I absolutely HATE when companies force me to do STUPID THINGS for NO REASON AT ALL !!!!!!

PayPal   - - - - - -   Do you actually LISTEN TO YOUR USERS????

Login to Me Too

Automated_Reply
New Community Member

I can't use the Alternate Address Confirmation page to confirm my physical address for sellers that require it, because I have no way of getting anything through US Mail that PayPal wants to send to that address.

I live in a small town where the USPS does not deliver house-to-house. All my postal mail goes to a PO box; it won't get delivered if it only has my physical street address on it. This is certainly not an uncommon situation in small-town America, but PayPal does not seem to comprehend this.

Login to Me Too

truedat
Contributor
Contributor

HEY PAYPAL ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS?

I have been a member of paypal for a decade.I have a %100 ebay feedback rating . I'm having the same issues with alternate address confirmation that the rest of you poor souls are all describing. I work for a large corp at several different work locations.I want to have all these work addresses confirmed as I do not know which location I'll be at from one  week to the next. After searching around the site for an hour I finally came upon the alternate address confirmation link which said I'd be sent a letter with a code that would enable me to confirm the addresses.After waiting 2 weeks for a letter to arrive at each location I received NOTHING!! I called up paypal and the person on the phone (who sounds like English is not their first language) said that they did not send out the letters! ARGGHHH ! I think a class action lawsuit in in order here.Paypal is not serving their customers properly.

Login to Me Too

crashbang
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here.  Your customer service **bleep**.  I tried a couple of months ago to confirm an alternate address through the mail.  Did the whole instruction thing, faxed everything back, then got an email that what I faxed back was incomplete when in fact I faxed back exactly what the told me to fax back.  So today I tried again.  Went around and around and around the website and it didn't work.  Chatted with Sarah and she was no help.  Called the toll free number and the guy said the option to confirm an alternate address via US mail is no longer available.  Why in the **bleep** doesn't it say that on the website???

Login to Me Too

truedat
Contributor
Contributor

Please is there a lawyer here who will "class action" these clowns regarding this silliness ? They have us hostage via ebay and I cant even seem to get the satisfaction of getting someone on the phone who sounds like English is their first language. This is horrible to feel so helpless vs these uncaring people. 

Login to Me Too

temp_083011
New Community Member

Okay, don't read the entire thread - so happens that PayPayl does not approve of ALTERNATE ADDRESSES.  I suppose they are not secure enough to avoid being scammed any other way.  But they sure could make it easier for legitamate users to simply login and simply click to confirm an address - send a letter to that home and then enter a code.

So happens this is nigh impossible.  The instructions are stupid: "search for confirm address in the help".  Well, just guess WHAT happens then??? YOu get the same darn URL page with the instructions again!!!  Perhaps the "Ask Sarah" forum was written by a monkey??  An idiot for sure!

Don't bother!  I will never use PayPal again since they have NO WAY TO DELIVER to ANY f***ing address but my home!

Stupid PP is worthless..... sigh.....

Login to Me Too

manetti41
New Community Member

I will not regurgitate the previous complaints - only say that I share the malevolent experience.

My problem is very simple... I am on assignment for two and a half months and need an alternate address.

However, with the identical experience as above, I GIVE UP!!!

IF THERE WAS AN ALTERNATIVE TO PAYPAL I WOULD CHANGE IN A HEARTBEAT !!

I did like the Class Action idea, if for no other reason than to get their attention.

Manetti41

Login to Me Too

DaffodilDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

There are alternatives.  Google, for one, has a similar service.  The problem is that no one knows about the alternatives, so it's not terribly useful, as a business owner, to not accept payment via Paypal, as well.

Login to Me Too

mkktango
New Community Member

would my pay stub with company address work?

Login to Me Too

Beth_S

I am now having the same problems as everyone has described here. Thanks goodness I found this thread so I know I am not crazy, but it is insane that this is still a problem many months later.

I have no idea what documentation to fax in, and I don't have much with both my name and my business address on it anyway. I have a business card, but that's about it.

I got the letter at work and put in the secret code. Why isn't that sufficient?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.