Adding Users to Business Account/Email address

pivotal
New Community Member

This is related to the following topic: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-for-your-business/How-do-you-add-multiple-users-to-one-Pa...

We are trying to create multiple users on our one business account. We want to have each user be able to make purchases with vendors that accept paypal.

However, when trying to pay from a third party site, such as newegg.com, the login fails because an email address is required. We can login to paypal.com, but can't login when making purchases. 

"Email: Please enter a valid email address. UTF-8 email addresses are not currently supported. Emails must be in the format: username at  domain dot com"  (at and dot sign were not allowed in post)

The users had invididual paypal accounts (tied to corporate credit card), but this didn't work as we couldn't verify the accounts (hit the spending limit) because all the accounts would have the same bank account, which PayPal does not permit.

Anyway, how can the users login to make purchases if they don't have an email address?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Wayne

Once you have a Business account you can add additional users and  manage their permissions. Below are steps you can use to do this on your account.

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click ‘Manage Users’ in the ‘Account Information’ column.
4. Click ‘Add User’.
5. Enter the user's name, a user ID (alias), and a password. The user will use this ID and password to log in to your PayPal account.
6. Check the box for each of the privileges you're allowing this user.
7. Click ‘Save’.

If you want you can have up to 200 users on your account. You can specify different permissions for each of the users you add, they don't all have to have the same permissions.

Hope this helps you Smiley Happy

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Fryeguy68
New Community Member

"The user will use this ID and password to log in to your PayPal account. "

OK, so where do the Users login with the UserID's. Cant do it from the homepage login because it requires an email login.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Amy

Once you create a separate user ID and PW for the additional users on the business account, they would log in with that information instead of the email address.  They system will recognize it as valid even with out the email address.  If you are receiving an error message please let us know the error you are getting and we can research that further.

I hope this helps!!

PayPal_Amy

Login to Me Too

mdboer
New Community Member

I've created a seperate user ID and PW for an additional user on a business account. Logging into that account through paypal.com works fine. However, making a paypal payment on a third party website with that ID and PW is not possible. The error is the following (translated from Dutch):

E-mail: Enter a valid email adres. UTF-8 email adresses are not supported at the moment. Emails should have the following build up: [example email address].

How can I make a purchase and pay with paypal on a third party website as an additional user?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Welcome to the forums, mdboer!

In a checkout flow, you won't be able to use the alias login/password. One thing you might consider, if you're looking to give an employee the ability to checkout with funds from your account, is the PayPal Debit MasterCard.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.