2 PayPal accounts linked to same checking account

Leffie
Contributor
Contributor

My wife and I have had eBay abd PayPal accounts for years and now we want to use the same bank checking account for both of our PayPal accounts. PayPal says only one account can be linked to a checking account. Any one figure out how to do this?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You can't link the one bank account to two PayPal accounts.

Login to Me Too

Shar-T
Contributor
Contributor

Why????????????  It worked before.  I was not keeping much money in the old account and have been using my personal checking account for when I buy something and when paying my paypal credit card.  This last month all of a sudden money was taken out of the account that I do not keep much money in and-----guess what--------I got an overdraft.  What's with that?  And try as I might, I cannot find the one you have decided to tag my checking account to.

Login to Me Too

PPneedsHelp
New Community Member

Good luck with that, let me know if anyone at Paypal responds to your needs as a customer.  I am running into the same problem, and it's now amplified by my Paypal credit card, which will not allow me to pay it with my checking account as my checking account is linked to my wifes paypal account. 

I have called the customer service dept twice in the past week on issues, and I am amazed at how inflexible they are- they simply have rules they've decided to put in place to make doing business easier for Paypal, and they won't flex them.  My opinion is that they are trying to keep themselves and customers from getting ripped off, but the result is that they treat all of their customers like criminals now.  It would great to talk to a manager at Paypal about these issues, but they are hiding behind a call center and online automated help...being a monopoly doesn't mean it's in the best interest of your business to act like a monopoly.

8 years on ebay,  100% rating, and I had payments withheld even though I used the proper tracking, and the buyer had the item...paypal decided it was a "high risk" item, and made me wait.  Silly stuff, I thought they linked to your account to ensure this stuff.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.