why cant i link my bank account DEBIT card?

jjay
Contributor
Contributor

ok so i want instant purchases with my paypal account. it says i can link my debit card, yet provides no place to do so. there is visa, mastercard and american express, but no debit option. i want to make it so money is withdrawn from my bank automatically. how can i do this?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

mazdanme
New Community Member

Actually - there are now 2 banks that have visa branded debit cards - -i am in canada and posses 1 of these cards

Login to Me Too

jon1978

I'm sorry but if they must ask for a credit card through netflix to continue, what am i doin wrong, because i did link my bank through hear and it still wont let me on!! please help lol

Login to Me Too

moakaman
Contributor
Contributor

Simple question - how do I add my debit card so I can have instant payments? It only provides for the entry of credit cards

Login to Me Too

ChimeraAppleby
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue - I am not given the option to pay for Netflix using my bank account (which is linked and verified).  My nephew pays through his bank account so I know it's possible.  My funds are currently transferring so they haven't been deposited yet.  I was hoping that there is a 30 day free trial I wouldn't need to have it in right away but I am hoping that when the funds go in I can use the bank account.

If it works once the money goes in I'll let you all know.  My fingers are crossed.

PS We most definately have VISA/Debit cards in Canada...

Login to Me Too

moakaman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I was hoping someone from PayPal was going to reply. I'll be interested in knowing what your results are when you find out.

John

Login to Me Too

Drewman522
New Community Member

I have the same issue, I have a verified bank account, but my card will not come in the mail for a few day, as I just opened the bank account. One of the first things I wanted to do was go pay for nextflix again, but it has been a huge hassle. I love netflix,and have had it before, just ran short on funds for a while.

I wend out and got a moneypak card and added $20 to my paypal, as well as getting my bank account verified by paypal, but netflix will still not allow me to sign up without a credit card, there is no option to use the money already on my paypal, or to take from my bank account. This has frustrated me for about 2 days now and I think I might just never get nextflix because the system they have in place will not take my money, and therefore does not deserve to have it.

When you make a payment system that will not let legitimate consumers pay you, then you deserve to have no payments at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.