Prepaid Master Card... Not working ?

Beckeehhh18
New Community Member

I have a prepaid master card and I tried to link it up with my paypal account BUT  it says the card is not correct, yet I've contacted the card company . I have  money left on it and it hasn't expired. Before  you ask, yes I did punch in the number correctly.

Can someone help me ?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

rb_tools
Contributor
Contributor

The fact is - PayPal are theives.  And they don't allow pre-paid credit cards.  I am dealing with the same problem now.  I've bought $300 worth of pre-paid credit cards and now I realize that I'm out $300 because they are basically becoming useless online... and not only that, but they are non-refundable once you buy them.  You see, PayPal refuses to allow these pre-paid's because they want you to disclose all of your permanent financial info to them.  Look at how you can't even get "verified" unless you disclose your bank account to them.

I am in fact furious right now.  I bought a $75 pre-paid and entered it into PayPal.  They allow you to enter in the card, without telling you that they don't accept it.  Then I go to make the payment... Surprise!  Not only will they not complete the payment for me, but they send visa an "authorization" for the amount.  So my paypal account shows nothing, yet VISA shows a $75 hold on the pre-paid card.  So, I get on a conference call with both PayPal and VISA to see if I could get PayPal to fax a note to VISA or something to get it straightened out.... Paypal says "sorry, there was no payment made by PayPal so we have nothing to fax" - VISA says "sorry, if they don't have anything to fax, then we have to wait for the computers to take the hold off automatically which could take 2 weeks!!!!!!!"

The fact is - PayPal are crooks who want your most personal financial info for ulterior motives.  If this were not the case then they would make it easier for patrons to use pre-paid cards.  Obviously there are a lot of people out there who know that credit card companies are a scam.  Makes you wonder why PayPal forces you to use them.

Personally, I'm done with PayPal.  They don't pass the smell test, and I've been waiting for a week for them to give my money back.

To all thinking persons:  If you are considering using PayPal - you are delusional

Login to Me Too

GoldHoarder
Contributor
Contributor

that is an interesting case of events.
where are PayPal reps to comment on this and clear up why this happens?
i was just about to head out and get a prepaid master card but after reading this, I dunno.

Login to Me Too

MJZeus
New Community Member

Pay Pals prepaid mastercard is through netspend.

I been using paypal for years and they are awsome, not one problem.

You can transfer money back and forth from Netspend and PayPal all day long.

Login to Me Too

Dollyq
Contributor
Contributor

I wish i had of read this before i got my card verified. I think i just got taken by them too. hope this worked out for you. x

Login to Me Too

Canadiandude
New Community Member

I am, currently in the same boat, i purchased a prepaid visa and registered it to my account, and i checked my card and paypal took out 1$ from it, and afterwards said i couldn't confirm the card, which doesn't make sense! they can take money out but i cant use it to spend money?

Login to Me Too

beatz
New Community Member

see im glad im not the only one dealing with this problem, and still no one from pay pal has left a comment on this?..

Login to Me Too

alifak1
Contributor
Contributor

Man I am so **bleep**ing frustrated...I activated one prepaid card a year ago, and now I want to do it again but they won't let me. Everything goes fine and they let you think you activated it and charge you 1$ that's what kills me...and yet they don't tell anywhere they won't accept. That **bleep**ing **bleep** me off now I wanted to pre-order Battlefield 3 but it's to late...might aswell buy it on a store but still, I wasted 75$ and that really make me mad, these cowards don't even have the guts to come here and tell us at least "sorry" or anything so we can know what to do...**bleep**ing paypal, I will never deal with them again.

(I feel better letting all out now lol)

Login to Me Too

12BE6
Contributor
Contributor

Same here .. tried to register a prepaid gift card (Amex) twice - PayPal charged twice $1.02 on that card but then told me they couldn't authorize the card - WTF.

Login to Me Too

Joeymathieson

This happened to me today im very frustrated (AmEx Gift Card 25$) I wish I could link it but unfortunately I cant

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.