Paypal balance issue- insufficient funds

temp201904092z
New Community Member

Hi All

I have a negative balance becaue paypal says my bank account has insufficient funds i have tried again to resolve and im waiting to see if it works this time.

Not sure what the issue is when i have more than enough to cover the balance

never had this happen before

any ideas?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

davedickdesigns -

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds as if you may have sent a payment via Instant Transfer, and neither the bank covered the payment or your secondary funding source - a card - covered it either.  When that happens, the account balance will go negative and PayPal will ask you to add funds. 

It's unusual that the bank rejected the transfer if you had enough funds at the time, so you might want to check in with them as to why they chose to decline sending the money over.

If you've since started an Add Money transfer into PayPal, those can take 5 to 7 business days to arrive and resolve the negative balance.  Once it does, you should be up and running again.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

KILLERQUEEN

---HI---

IN THE PAST MY BANK TRANSFERS INTO PP WERE INSTANT. LATELY HOWEVER, THERE'S BEEN A LONG ANNOYING WAIT. IS THIS A NEW PROCEDURE OR POLICY?; ONE I WAS DELIBERATELY NOT INFORMED ABOUT??

I'M A LONGTIME PP USER/CUSTOMER -- THERE IS NO REASON TO SUDDENLY START WAITING DAYS FOR THE AMOUNTS TO SHOW UP IN MY PP ACCOUNT WHEN I'VE DIRECTLY MADE THE PAYMENT.

SO WUZZUP WITH THAT????

Smiley Mad

**************************************************************************************************

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.