Netflix issues

TGnerd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, long time user of paypal, first time with a question. Ive had my paypal all set up with my bank card and have been using it to pay for netflix for about 4-5 months now. However, I woke up this morning to find a email from them saying my account is on hold because they could not porcess my paypal information.

so... i check my profile there... found nothing wrong. checked my profile here... found nothing out of the ordinary. no fees owed or anything like that. Call netflix custommer service line... they tell me to make sure nothing is wrong here. 

Now, i did have some trouble a month ago when netflix charged to my paypal, my paypal charged my bank.. to find no money(overspent on christmas, forgot about the incomming charge) so I had to fix those fees, which I did. So im really not sure what is wrong. is paypal angry with me and no longer allowing things to be processed through my bank account? it doesnt seem so, as ive spent money at other sites just fine. I'm really just kinda stuck and confused... any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Maxplatinum
New Community Member

I have exactly the same issue. Ive been a Netflix customer for years and Use PayPal for many daily transactions. Today I received an email saying payment wasnt processed, now I can only enter a credit card.

What is this BS ?

I use PayPal so I dont have to use credit cards for everything. Why is this an issue and it seems to be widespread.

Login to Me Too

Exadaalt
New Community Member

Same problem here. Netflix keeps requesting payment from PayPal (at my request) and it doesn't register anywhere on my PayPal account. Now I can't watch Netflix.

Login to Me Too

kevinAnness
New Community Member

Same issue. The problem is with NETFLIX. PayPal claims Netflix changed the payment parameters so the paypal account needs to be verified by a credit card. I wasted an entire day, and got bounced back & forth. Netflix said it was Paypal's issue, and Paypal said it was Netflix. REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE due to the fact that neither company, even the supervisors did not appear to know what the heck is going on? Pathetic. 4 phone calls!!!

I transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account. The money is just sitting there waiting for Netflix to take it, but they will not because i have no credit card? There is no reason they need one. When talking to Netflix, the CSR even said they don't need to verify a paypal account, and they could not understand why the subscription process demands a credit card. Despite this I can't complete my account with Netflix without a credit card.

It makes absolutely no sense and contradicts the purpose of accepting PayPal as a payment method.

The TV commercials state that you can use PayPal. SO USE PAYPAL AND STICK THE CREDIT CARD UP UR &^%!!!

Login to Me Too

laurenb
New Community Member

I have been trying to CANCEL my Netflix for over two months now and can't seem to do it.  Can I cancel payment from Paypal instead?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.