I hate Pay Pal

Bennyorr
New Community Member

Pay Pal **bleep**.  It is very expensive and extremely inconvenient.  If you are thinking of setting up an account here and you live in Canada, save yourself the aggravation and set yourself up with online banking.  It is far more convenient and almost free compared to this service($1.50) per Email money transfer). (Canada to Canada) any way. It just cost me 17 dollars to send my girlfriend $600  If you live in the states you are SOL (no email money transfer) because they are behind the times LOLSmiley Mad when it comes to sending $$$$.   I am canceling my account right after I'm finished typing this.  Just thought I would let new customers know.  It would be easier and cheaper to go to Western Union!!! AAARRRGHHHH!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Bennyorr,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry for any confusion.  PayPal does offer free personal transfers.  If both parties have a PayPal account in the same country and the transaction is funded using funds in PayPal or a bank account, then there will not be any fee.  Free always beats $1.50, right? 😉

Just be sure to mark the payment as a personal payment before it is sent so our system knows to remove the fee.

We also do not charge cross border fees for payments sent to Canadian PayPal accounts from US PayPal accounts.

You can learn more about our fees here:

PayPal Fees

I hope this helps for the future! 🙂

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Irumu

I really don't understand why Paypal is doing its best to such an extent to aggravate its customers. I sell on the internet, and once a customer complained to Paypal about my tardiness. There was no problem, since the customer and I know each other very well. Paypal reacted by blocking the "disputed" amount in my account. Can you imagine having a dispute with your landlord, and your bank simply taking the rent out of your account?

I am not sure where this would have ended up, but if they would have reimbursed the client, why would that not have amounted to plain and simle theft. My questions about this (politely formulated) remained unanswered. I am trying to convince everyone to use alternatives.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.