How to change country

inuyasha8
Contributor
Contributor

How do you change your country without changing your email and password?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

arian08
New Community Member

I have moved to a new country and need to change the addresses as well!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

If you have moved to a new country, you'll want to close the old account and open a new account in the new country - the information can't be ported over.  If you need to reference your History on the old account, you could download the log or maintain the old account without using it until you no longer need to reference it's details.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

giginunez
New Community Member

How do I change my country while using the same email address?

Login to Me Too

mondz
New Community Member

Hi! Can you answer the question on how to change country or close and create new account with the same email address?

thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

mondz -

Since the country can't be changed, after you close the old account, just open a new account using the same email address (but the new country). 

If you want to keep the old account open, you'll need to either use a different email address on the new account or switch out the email address on the old account first.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

FergusonWood
Contributor
Contributor

Can to USA

Login to Me Too

ajohn18
New Community Member

OB-wan
New Community Member

I moved to Canada from the US and would like to fix my address, etc. However, it seems that this can only be done after closing an account and opening another. I do not know how to close an account but, especially, I have a few bucks in my old one, and I would rather keep them. How can that be achieved? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

OB-Wan,

You're correct; you would need to close the US account to open a Canadian one if you're planning on using the same email address.  You might consider withdrawing the funds first, and then either keeping them or adding them to your Canadian account once it's up and running.

You could also consider sending a Personal payment over to your new Canadian account, but you might incur some fees for sending money internationally and lose a small amount (around 1%) in the process.

Thanks,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.