How to add a note to a dispute in resolution centre

AlisonCMc
New Community Member

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this. On the weekend I received a random payment to my account via my alternate email address for $55USD. That email address gets spam from time to time, so I just assumed it was a phishing email and would look into it later (I was away and didn't care to worry about it, especailly since I only had my phone and not a proper computer).

The next day I got another email saying that there was now a payment reversal being investigated for the same amount, this time to my proper email address. When I looked at it online once I got home, the claim in the resolution centre stated "The buyer has filed a claim stating this transaction was made without the account holder’s knowledge or consent."

I had nothing at all to do with any of this - I was enjoying my weekend and the money was randomly sent to me. Now it appears that I'm basically being accused of somehow trying to steal this money from the "buyer", which I'm not!

It says in the email that I can add my own notes to the case, but every time I try, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I only see that I can resolve the claim, refunding the money or sending a product (which I don't have to send since I wasn't selling anything!). I have no problem giving the money back, but my problem is that I don't want to have it on my account that I somehow tried to steal money (since I didn't), which is why I would like to add my notes to the case.

I've tried following these steps, posted in the help section:

To submit information by online message post through the Resolution Center:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Resolution Center.
  3. On the Claim Details page of the Resolution Center, click Resolve Complaint.
  4. Select I will provide other evidence for this dispute by fax, file attachment, or note.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Fill in the subject box, providing brief, factual information in the note box.

But the option in step 4 is not there! The only options I'm given when I click the "Resolve Claim Now" button are:

• I have shipped the item and I can provide proof that the item was shipped through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
  • I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.
  • I have refunded the payment for this transaction.

None of these gives me a chance to tell my side of the story! I now only have three days left to post my side and I can't see at all how to do this! I saw another post that said it doesn't work in Chrome, but I've now tried it in Chrome, Firefox and IE, and all still give the same options

I have tried contacting the Help Center via email but still haven't heard back, and that was two days ago now.. so I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MelodyP
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same problem.

I need to send them emails to validate my claim and I just cannot find the button or link to send them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

MelodyP -

Welcome to the Community!

What sort of response are you trying to provide?  What sort of claim is it?  More information will help the Community be more accurate in their answer.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.