Glitch in System For Business Paypal Debit Master Card For Canada

jonom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm based in Ontario, Canada.

For years I have had a paypal business debit mastercard

I rely on it all the time, its fantastic, never had a problem only once when I lost it and paypal sent me a new one quickly.

Well i ran into a problem where someone must have got hold of my debt card details and tried to put a payment through ( lucky i caught it same day ) and so I had to as per guidance of paypal deactivate my card and apply for a new one

But it doesn't let me apply for a new one now.

I was told that there is a glitch in the system for sending debit cards to Canada?

Does anyone know about this??

I've always every 2 or 3 years had them send me a new card without issue

And I checked with a friend who said he got one last year ( 2011)

So unless there has been some change between 2011 and February 2012 with paypal, I am gathering its just as they said and a glitch and maybe it will let me apply in my account in a few weeks???

Any insights on this is appreciated as I love my paypal debit card and use it all the time for business. ( missing it already)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BobbieW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As a former Canadian eBay employee here in Vancouver (until we were outsourced),  I had the opportunity of applying and receiving a PayPal debit mastercard as well and used and loved it for  years as you did. \

However, the invisible fine print didn't advise me that after having changed my street address to a post office box, that the new debit card I was expecting with the new expiry date would automatically be sent back, without notification to me at all.

I  called PayPal, and of course they were most apologetic and blah, blah blah, but unfortunately they weren't able to send me another one?  Why?  Well, because they were phasing out Canadians having debit cards and wouldn't replace them for any reason.  I had mentioned that I was a former eBayer and dropped a couple of names that I knew so that is likely why they told me the truth.

That was last year.  Now, when I call I always ask (oh, yes, we have many requests and will be implementing that very soon - right), and always click on the paypal debit card link every time i withdraw $$, just for the **bleep** of it.

Bottom line?  You will never likely see your card again, but please do call and see what they tell you, and then post it here, because I'm very curious what your excuse will be from them.

And for all of those Canadians who have been told that the option is not there because of country restrictions and varying laws by country?  Bwahahahahahhahahaha!  I can scan an image of my debit card (I still have the useless little piece of expired plastic) and prove to you that this is not the case at all. 

I wish you luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.