Gift certificate made out to wrong account.

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, for x-mas my brother in law gave me an e-bay/pay pal gift certificate, however, he made it out to my wife's e-mail address,instead of my pay-pal address. I am unable to use it for the obvious reasons, so I opened a pay-pal account in her address, tried to use the coupon, it STILL says the coupon is linked to another account! I've tried to e-mail pay-pal about my problem, no answer back yet. I also tried having the new account verified, after ten days of nothing showing up in my bank account to verify, and no answers to an e-mail sent inquiring why, I decided to cancel that account. My question is, do I have to have my brother change the coupon address, or will pay-pal EVENTUALLY change it for me as I have requested? I have already "bothered" my brother in law 3 times, I really don't want to continue to "bug" him, he's always very busy, and I'm starting to feel "tacky" hounding him! Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I've FINALLY recieved an answer from Pay-pal, it is as I suspected, My gift certifiate was purchased by my brother-in-law in Michigan, I'm in On. Canada. U.S. purchased certificates will not register on Canadian accounts! My son had a similar problem with the I-tunes gift cards he recieved also, U.S. bought, we can't use them! You'd think it would be to their advantage to honor them just at face value, but I suppose there would be people complain about not getting the proper money exchange rate! Oh well, ball is back to my brother's court! lol!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I've FINALLY recieved an answer from Pay-pal, it is as I suspected, My gift certifiate was purchased by my brother-in-law in Michigan, I'm in On. Canada. U.S. purchased certificates will not register on Canadian accounts! My son had a similar problem with the I-tunes gift cards he recieved also, U.S. bought, we can't use them! You'd think it would be to their advantage to honor them just at face value, but I suppose there would be people complain about not getting the proper money exchange rate! Oh well, ball is back to my brother's court! lol!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.