Getting Started

Amanda411

Q:         What’s the PayPal Community Help Forum?

A:         It’s a place where PayPal members can ask questions, share experiences, and discover new ideas about topics related to PayPal.  Whether you’re new to PayPal or a seasoned member, you’ll find useful information on a wide range of topics.

Q:         Where do I find the PayPal Community Help Forum?

A:         You can find the PayPal Community Help Forum here. Or, click Ask the Community on the Contact Us or Find help in the PayPal Community Help Forum on the Help Centre page. If you want to add your comments or share your ideas, you’ll need to log in using your PayPal email address and password.

Q:         How do I log in to PayPal Community Help?

A:         Log in to your PayPal account and click Ask the Community on the Contact Us or Find help in the PayPal Community Help Forum on the Help Centre page.  Or go directly to the Community Help Forum and log in using your PayPal email address and password.

Q:         How do I start a new discussion topic?

A:         It’s easy to start a new topic - just click Post a topic on the home page and complete the form.

Q:         How do I find a topic?

A:         In the Community Help Forum, just enter your search information in the box and click Search.

Q:         How do I post a new message or reply to a topic?

A:         Click Contribute under My Settings. . You’ll find topics with no replies as well as hot topics. You can also respond by clicking any link under Most active discussions. Click Reply to topic to add your post your message.

Q:         What do I do if I see a topic that’s incorrect or inappropriate?

A:         We actively review the forum, but we also appreciate feedback from members.

Here’s how to contact a moderator:

1. Click the topic and select More options.
  2. Click Flag for a Moderator.
  3. Complete the form and click Notify Moderator.

Q:         How can I help if I know the answer to a question posed by another member?

A:         Our community is all about sharing information with each other. You’re encouraged to answer questions to help other members. Just make sure you don’t ask for  or provide account information.

Q:         What if my question doesn’t fit into one of the forum categories?

A:         If you’re not sure where to post your question, you can post it as a general topic.

Q:         What information should I share in my post if my question is specifically about my PayPal account?

A:         Don’t share account details like passwords, bank account information, and credit card information on the forum.  A PayPal representative will follow up with you if they need more information to answer your question. (They’ll contact you at the email address or phone number associated with your PayPal account, so you don’t need to provide your contact information.)

Q:         Are there PayPal employees on the forum?

A:         Yes, you’ll find PayPal employees on the forum.  PayPal employees are identified by the PayPal logo next to their user IDs.

Q          What are the policies for interacting on the forums?

A:         You can read the details in the Community Help Forum policy.

Q:         Why was my post deleted or moderated, or why was I suspended?

A:         We actively review the forum and remove posts that are against PayPal policies. Depending on the circumstances, we may suspend users for violating the policies.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Amanda411

Welcome to PayPal Community Help Forum!

To get started, create a unique handle.

1. Click "Log in or Register"
  2. Enter your PayPal account email address and password
  3. Enter a name that will be used as your "handle" or "user ID" in the forum
  4. Read the Community Help Forum Agreement
  5. Click "Agree and Create Account" to complete your registration

In the "My Settings" information box you can:

• Edit your Profile
    • Add personal information
    • Change the image
  • Set your Preferences
    • Time zone
    • Number of Discussions per page
    • Number of Posts per page
    • Image displayed
  • Contribute
    • Start participating in the community by looking for threads to answer

1-12-2010 10-58-06 AM.png

Search for a specific topic using "search" or "advanced search"

Start a new thread by clicking "Post a Topic"

Topic Options.png

On each Board use the "More Topic Options" drop down to subscribe or unsubscribe to a Board and keep your favorite threads at the top by clicking "Float this Topic to the Top"

Post Actions.png

Reply to a post by clicking "Reply".

If you find the post helpful, use the thumbs up to give it a kudo.

Add a tag to help others searching for the same information.

Post Options.png

Use the "More Options" drop down within a thread to subscribe or unsubscribe to a topic and to flag a post for a moderator.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.