worst customer service

dolce2
New Community Member

I have been trying to get a person on the phone for 2days now!!!!

does no one work there or know how to add a bank account!!!!????

worst email service help & phone assistance is none!!

no supervisor available!!!!???? do they have one or do they only have coorperate manual reciters!!!!!??????

It seems I will have to add a claim to the better business bureau to get a resolution!!!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PaulfromTx
New Community Member

It is better to contact the state banking department of the state you live in.  Paypal is a Money Service Business and gets their authority to operate in your state from your state banking department.  The BBB is designed to protect businesses - not consumers.

I have the same problem - they have designed their customer service center to minimize contact with customers.  You can't send them an email and must wait 45 minutes on hold to talk to someone.  No bank has this horrible level of service.  Additionally, they want to send you text message to confirm who you are  --  but I don't give that to anyone, as most companies have been hacked to harvest your numbers for criminal use.  Additionally, they won't confirm your identity by sending a code via a voice message to a land line (those are only $2 a month with most home internet service and great backup and for avoiding telemarketing calls).  Legit financial service companies (banks) do that.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

but Paypal IS NOT a bank.

PAYPAL customer service is lousy for many reasons,

it tries to do too much,too many countries and too many currencies and issue too  many goddamn cards?

also folks sign up without reading term and condition,you can tell from some of the questions people ask on this forum?

You can read some of these post,one would not place a piece of poison in their mouth but when they shop online,they would buy from anyone everyone they don't know and cry when they get scammed or have to pay return shipping to Bongoland?  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

LNKD Ceo once said,no one want to be Paypal,it needs a billion transaction a year to keep the business afloat,not 1 billion dollars ,but one billion transactions/

It relies on computer software aka robots to handle may inquries and settle many squabbles,it is not a bank,it keeps our money in different banks,but there is not enough business to justify keeping a bank account in every country in every currency,thats why you read people in Croatia,Serbia,Philipines,COsta rICA,kENYA,etc etc have problem transferring fund to their bank account.

Customer service clerks are just clerks,they don't know Croatia from Costa Rica,or Bongo LAND from Namibia,what do you expect >

and ask yourself why you use Paypal,we all use Paypal for one reason-convenience and affordability.

Sellers cant afford or wont afford their own merchant accounts and buyers saw bargains they cant resist,and sendingmoney overseas is cheap compared to intl wire transfer,

just choose your poison!

I would rather Go back to the old days of getting a money order from supermarket and a first class stamp!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.