withdrawing money to my account but its ''pending''

maxifly2012
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some alton towers tickets on gumtree and they paid me via paypal as i posted it to them, how do i get paypal to release the money?

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elefunk86

ok if its passed 72 hours then that is not normal, and I to would be getting miffed.

I can't ''explain'' it as I don't work for paypal, I can only tell you what ''normally'' happens.

If its not cleared (and for the 72 hour hold its normally ''dead on'' the 72 hours), then you can call customer services (if you can wake someone up at the weekend), and ask them to release it manually.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Good luck hope you get it released in time for the rest of your weekend.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bellebelle
Contributor
Contributor
We are all aware what it says in their terms, we are saying theres no good reason for this term. Its 2017 and withdrawals dont take 3 days anymore. So regardless of what they say they will do we are saying its unethical. No one agrees to their terms we are forced to click agree or dont use them. Doesnt mean we "agree" to have our money witheld etc. Dont attack people for complaining about an unfair practice. Just because paypal say that they will do something doesnt mean we have to like it and accept it.
Login to Me Too

Mikeyj11
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone found an alternative to Paypal!? This disgusting service is what probably made eBay stop associating themselves with Paypal.. if there's Anyone or any other alternative I am definitely willing to try!! PayPal is a hindrance to my business!!
Login to Me Too

Donluxemburg
Contributor
Contributor
3 days money widraw pending in 2019 wtf !!!!
Login to Me Too

ZhuanKuai
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. 

At least for UK, I thought we had new laws that meant Banks are NOT ALLOWED to hold your money for days.

For transfers between UK bank account these days (2019) it is INSTANT.

So why is Paypal not instantly transferring our CONFIRMED payments to our APPROVED accounts? 

This does not sound Legal, let alone Ethical, and I'm extremely annoyed that MY money is being held days, for NO reason, and I can't even find a way to contact Paypal to ask what is going on.

DISGUSTED

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZhuanKuai 

1. Paypal is not a bank its a payment processor.

2. Paypals user agreement has been legally agreed by the FSA in the UK.

3. Paypal withdrawals in the UK are normally instant BUT they are sometimes subjected to a 72 hour security review.

There is a reason for this if you want to know further post back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGM73

What makes it worse is that Paypal have these volunteer advisors on these boards dismissing everyone's issues by quoting unrelated policy, when there is a paypal wide problem that has NOTHING to do with 72 hours or us at all.  It's PayPal's fault and these fanboys are posting on all boards trying to play it down or blame the customers for not reading or being aware of their meaningless policies.  At least it's taught me to never take Paypal's word as being true again...

Login to Me Too

bellebelle
Contributor
Contributor
SGM73 i couldnt have said it better. You are exactly right.
Login to Me Too

DaveGordon
Contributor
Contributor

Just because people agree to T&Cs it does not make the T&Cs binding nor does it make themn legal. I really wish people would stop with the T&Cs argument it is NOT a valid nor legal argument.

Login to Me Too

Adamw322
New Community Member
I sold something on eBay and the buyer paid via PayPal. Now as I understand when your a new seller on eBay and PayPal it takes 21 days to clear. It has now been over 21 days and at the amount shown on my PayPal it still says on hold. What's the problem?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.