withdrawing money to my account but its ''pending''

maxifly2012
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some alton towers tickets on gumtree and they paid me via paypal as i posted it to them, how do i get paypal to release the money?

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

Phoenixtiles
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are parasites on the backsides of businesses! They are liars and can not even keep straight on the lies they tell. They speak out of both sides of their mouths at the same time using the forkiest of forked tongues. The first person to come up with a universally appeared alternative will be a billionaire overnight. They hold your money in their own stock as long as they possibly can and continually invent new 'reasons' for doing so. Shameful practices and disgusting service. I'm searching for alternatives and cannot wait to be able to bar all payments through them to my business. Any suggestions are welcome. PayPal? Friendless thieves!
Login to Me Too

Ben233
Contributor
Contributor
3-4 days 😡😡😡 in 2017 !!! I don't get this
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ben233

If you are in the UK its 2-24 hours, unless you get a random 72 hold but then you get an email to inform you.

Lots are getting 3-4 days which applies to US accounts and is appearing over here as a glitch.

Also you are posting in the middle of a thread dated 2014 so next time best to post at the end of a thread OR start a new one so you don't get missed if you want a reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JJ00D
Contributor
Contributor

I have made 2 withdrawals now from PayPal the first one was rather instant, the second one took around 2-3 days I think, now I have made another withdrawal of around the same amount & I have received the email telling me it will be up to 72 hours again, is this right? Do we always have this random 72 hour withdrawal of PayPal funds to bank account happen? Or will this be the last time, I can't afford to be selling on eBay to receive my payments 3 days ahead, that way I can't make no business of my PayPal account let alone the business for my eBay whereas I can't withdraw the money in time to buy the required items for the postages & packaging etc.

Hope you can make this work out because I have already made two PayPal balance transfers to my bank account balance so I don't see why the money shouldn't just go in instant?

Kind & best regards,

-J.J.

Login to Me Too

LORDBYRON12321
New Community Member

Same for me, they have a system to take money instantly but takes 3-4 days to send it out. Looks like people may be forced to look elsewhere for a service that we expect.

Login to Me Too

Elefunk86
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sat here waiting for funds to be put in my bank account, bad enough it took 24 hours for the initial payment to clear in my PayPal account now I've to wait up to 72 hours which is 3 hours away. I'll wait and see what excuse they come up with next
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elefunk86

As they clearly state withdrawals in the UK are 2-72 hours then not sure why you are complaining?

If you were not prepared to wait the time that they state then don't use paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Elefunk86
Contributor
Contributor
That's some attitude to take, you represent PayPal on here.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elefunk86

Where on earth did you get the idea that I represent paypal Smiley Surprised

I am a ''user'' on this community forum exactly the same as you are, the only difference is that if you help a lot of folks you get advisor status.

But I for one would not want to represent paypal in any way shape or form.

My ideas are my own just as yours are. If paypal did NOT state that withdrawals take 2-72 hours but that they were instant and you were waiting then i would be the first to complain. But i don't see how you can complain when paypal clearly DO state that withdrawals take that long.

So my attitude is fine ta, its yours that seems a tad strange.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Elefunk86
Contributor
Contributor
Ok then, explain why it's now past the 72hr mark, no bank issues as I've checked and I still haven't received payment, my mistake for thinking you represent PayPal. My attitude is that of someone who was counting on that money to be in my account this weekend and it's not.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.