why my money always get hold which i received? even i am not seller and my account is also personal?

Raghubir
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday i received $20 from someone but that money get hold... why? even not only on this my money get help when i receive money from anyone my money will hold for 21 days? please help me why?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raghubir 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raghubir 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Raghubir
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass thanx for ur reply... and ur ans is really helpful and i am living in India so here fee will deduct if i receive money from option family / friends?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Raghubir,

You cannot receive or send Personal Payments if you have an Indian account.

Hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.