cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my money always get hold which i received? even i am not seller and my account is also personal?

SOLVED
Contributor

why my money always get hold which i received? even i am not seller and my account is also personal?

Yesterday i received $20 from someone but that money get hold... why? even not only on this my money get help when i receive money from anyone my money will hold for 21 days? please help me why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: why my money always get hold which i received? even i am not seller and my account is also perso

@Raghubir 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
3 REPLIES 3
Esteemed Advisor

Re: why my money always get hold which i received? even i am not seller and my account is also perso

@Raghubir 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

@kernowlass thanx for ur reply... and ur ans is really helpful and i am living in India so here fee will deduct if i receive money from option family / friends?

Hi @Raghubir,

You cannot receive or send Personal Payments if you have an Indian account.

Hope this helps.

Cristina